Chp. 014

{Word count: 1020}

[THIRD PERSON]

»H-Hah?«, Mina breathed out while stumbling backwards in shock.

»It's okay. I'm not here to harm you, or anything.«, Izuku softly said, although the voice modifier beneath his mask let his voice sound more static than soft. Still, Mina seemed to relax a little, yet she was still not sure why the Vigilante was here and how he even knew her name.

»What do you want from me, then?«, Mina was confused. But who could blame her?

»It's.. complicated? Well, not really. But kinda. Ugh.«, the girl just raised her eyebrows, still not understanding anything.

»Okay.«, Izuku breathed out. »Please don't freak out, hate me, or something like that.«

»Hate you..? What do-«, she was interrupted by the Vigilante slowly taking off his mask, though he kept his hoodie on.

[The song Bakugou Vs Todoroki just came on and i-
I'm low-key vibing to it :D]

It took her a few seconds to process what just happened, but then Minas eyes went wide. Frozen in shock, with her hand over her mouth. Just a few seconds later, tears dwelled up in her yellow eyes.

»You idiot!«, she cried out, suddenly embracing Izuku in a hug - a short one, but a hug. »You almost died!«, the expression on her face was a mix between concern and anger.

Just then, Izuku remembered that Eraserhead had told him, that someone had shot a video of him limping away after the last fight, shortly before losing consciousness on the Heroes doorstep. »I- I'm sorry, Mina. But I'm okay! I promise.«

With a swift motion, he pulled the mask back up, in fear of someone else seeing them or his face.

In response, he just got hit in the chest multiple times. Of course, he could've stopped them but he didn't. His friend was angry and needed to let it out. Her punches got weaker and weaker, until she just stood there. Her fists loosely resting against Izukus chest, sobbing uncontrollably. Normally, Mina wasn't someone to cry that much but she had just found out, that her best friend had almost died and the realisation that she wouldn't even have known about it! Feeling extremely bad, Izuku gently placed his arms around her.

»It's okay, I promise I won't die.«, he softly smiled.

»P-Promise..?«, she sniffled out, lifting her head. Her eyes were a little puffy and glassy.

»Promise.«

☕︎︎

The sun stood low on the horizon, creating a spectrum of orange, pink and red tints. It was a stunning sight.
However, Izuku paid little attention to it. He was currently busy with debating whether he should create a group chat with Shinsou and Mina or not. From what he knew, they were both in the same class but due to Shinsou being rather distant and introverted, they had never really spoken once. But Izuku felt like they would get along, however that would also mean pure chaos. At first, Shinsou may seem and act reserved but in reality, that guy was a living meme combined with stupid jokes and a coffee addict. That just screamed 'chaos'.

Broccoli-Boi created a group chat.
Broccoli-Boi added Pinky and I-Need-Sleep.

I-Need-Sleep: What's this?
Pinky: OwO what's this?
I-Need-Sleep: Oh, dear god, no.
I-Need-Sleep: Wait, 'Pinky'? Mina, is that you?
Pinky: yessir! hi, shinsou!
Broccoli-Boi: Glad to see you both get along :P
I-Need-Sleep: Izu, what's this? And how do you know Mina?
Broccoli-Boi: it's a group chat, duh. @Pinky and i have been friends for a while actually. i told her today about me being.. yk.
Pinky: wAIT, so Shinsou knows too?
I-Need-Sleep: No. I don't know, Izuku just randomly said that.
Pinky: (ಠ_ಠ)
Broccoli-Boi: I'm already regretting my decision.

»Hey, Shouta said the same thing, last week!«, Izuku giggled.

»Izuku! We're leaving in five!«, Hizashi yelled from downstairs. Since last week, both Hizashi and Shouta were letting Izuku tag along, with their patrols. The boy would, despite his injuries, not stop his nightly patrols and. And so, with agreement of the police and all, Izuku was allowed to go an patrol together with a Hero. Never alone. That part was annoying but as long as he could go out and do his things, he could bear with it.

»Okay!«, Izuku shouted back before sending a quick 'gotta go, patrol calls' in the group chat. He then changed out of his regular clothes and into his Vigilante outfit. Not too long ago, his outfit got an upgrade; he got a new utility belt and some new items like new throwing knives, a small sword, smoke bombs and some more. And of course a small first aid kit, although at least now he didn't have to worry as much about being injured anymore.

Just as he was about to leave, the display of his phone flashed on, signalling new messages.

Pinky: Be careful. Remember your promise! Don't die! (ง'̀-'́)ง
I-Need-Sleep: I do one better; don't even get hurt at all, thanks
Pinky: sounds logic

Izuku just smiled before typing a short 'no promises :P' and sprinted down afterwards. Not too fast, though. Recovery girl had healed his wounds roughly but they were still sore.

»I'm here! I'm ready!«, Izuku beamed excitedly, the mask covering his mouth and the voice modifier already activated. Yes, he didn't really need it anymore, but it became a part of his Vigilante persona.

»Alright, lets go.«, Shouta said in his usual tired demeanour.

Together, the three left. Soon, they were leaping across the roofs, enjoying the peaceful night. Unfortunately, the peace was short living. Explosions and shouts of anger interrupted the silence, making Aizawa groan and Hizashi sigh. Izuku on the other hand, was bouncing up and down. Some probably would call him crazy, insane or mad but this was just the kind of nights he loved the most; those filled with adrenaline rushes and a good fight.

However, upon arriving at the scene and seeing just who was involved, Izukus eyes went wide with shock.

»K-Kacchan?«

[Oh, look at that. A chapter. Late, but a chapter :P
I have a feeling, that this chapter involves a lot of fanfiction logic, but eh. i'm tired.
hope it was still good, tho.

also, can i just say how proud i am of myself? i love the way my drawings turn out to be lately uwu

don't come at me, for liking this ship, thanks :P

now have a good day/night <3]