arc 2: episode twelve

【o24 : inside the palace

×

"Are we really doing the right thing?"

Yunho turned to Mingi who just spoke, his eyes concentrated on the vast woods that laid down below. The two were still staying on the watchtower, just as Janus had told them, and were waiting for further orders. They were told that Janus along with Jongho and Yeosang would come back after they secure and get familiarized with the castle, and then they would move the the station where they could keep a close watch on the lord.

"I trust him." Yunho said after a short silence. "And if i'm wrong, I'm willing to take responsibility of my actions."

Mingi scoffed. "Of course you do. You guys easily trust everyone you encounter. I don't even fully trust Sujin yet and then there's Janus who just came out of nowhere asking for help."

Yunho turned to Mingi. "Not exactly everyone. But hey, Sujin's a nice woman."

Mingi just kept silent.

Yunho sighed, "Mingi, I know you have been through a lot, especially on what happened with Jun-"

"I told you never to speak his name in front of me again." Mingi said in a low voice, giving Yunho a warning not to cross a line. His eyes glinted through the darkness as he sent a glare.

Yunho put his hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry, but you weren't the only victim, you know."

"That's I why I'm even more mad."

Mingi sighed as he stepped closer to the window and looked over the palace, "Maybe I'm just extra cranky today because of the fact that I haven't gotten a single drop of rum today... and the palace."

Yunho gave him a sad glance. "Reminds you of home?"

"...yes."

"I guess it's been months since you were banished, right?"

"Banished?" Mingi gave a small laugh. "I left on my own accord, mind you."

"Of course." Yunho smiled, then he had a thought. "I think you and Janus really do have a connection, being both-"

"They're here." Mingi leaned over the window. Yunho stopped talking and walked over to him and saw through the window three palace guards walking towards them, their faces covered by their brimmed hats and masks.

"How are you sure? You couldn't even see their faces."

Mingi just shrugged. "Ultra instinct."

Yunho let out a laugh, "Are you trying to imitate Sujin? Good joke, mate."

The three approaching guards were now climbing the stairs of the tower and as they arrived, it turned out that Mingi was right. It really was Yeosang, Jongho and Janus.