arc 2: episode eleven.

【o23 : two doors of the same place

【o23 : two doors of the same place 】

×

A man dressed in black combat uniform paired with a black brimmed hat and mask patrolled through the outside walls of the palace, his right hand held over his sheathed sword that hung on his waist. The moonlight shone over the brick floors and a few naphtha lamps illuminated the area. He gave a small wave to the two guards who were stationed on the watchtower, in which they also reciprocated. As soon as he turned his back, the taller guard on the watchtower raised his hand, a certain gesture aimed for someone hiding in the dark.

As the patrolling guard was walking through the outside wall, a rope was quickly thrown over him coming from outside the walls, capturing him and dragging him down the cliff into the dark depths of the forest.

A few minutes later, a man emerged from where the guard fell, climbing on the wall and wearing the same clothes he had-the same black mask, hat, boots, and combat uniform. After a look around and making sure that nobody noticed anything, he gave a thumbs up on the two guards that was watching him from the watchtower and silently walked away, as if nothing had happened.

The taller guard on the watchtower quickly informed the shorter man beside him of the success of the operation, and the shorter one nodded.

"Three down," He said, his dark blue eyes glinting in the darkness. "Two more to go."

×

"We're not gonna literally storm the palace right from its doorsteps, right?" Wooyoung asked, his nervousness consuming him. "I mean, it's late at night, and we're outnumbered."

"Well yes, but actually no." Janus replied.

Wooyoung creased his eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

The four pirates along with Sujin and Janus were crouching down behind a line of bushes by the tall oak trees, beside a brick floored pathway that led towards the front doors of the palace. Huge walls covered the humongous palace that stood on a hill, that was then covered with the vast woods all the around it. It took them nearly an hour to trek through the rough terrain of the hill under the trees, and the darkness of the night helped them in going undetected by the royal guards that patrolled near the entrance.

Hongjoong eyed the only possible way in-through the front doors. It was a massive oaken door with bronze ornamentals decorated on it, and had huge brass knobs on the center. Surprisingly, the doors were wide open, but there were a few royal guards in black uniforms that patrolled the area.

"There's only five of them. We can take them on." Seonghwa said, his hand clutching the hilt of his sheathed sword.

"No, that's obviously a trap." Sujin spoke. "It's a tactic they use to lure out the attacker into thinking there's only a few guards. But if you look closely,"