arc 2: episode seven.

【o19 : the man named janus

【o19 : the man named janus 】

×

The four pirates in charge of finding medicinal herbs (and Mingi's rum) trudged through the cold pavement of the streets of Dolios Island's market with Sujin following them closely.

"Let's leave the rum for later. First, we need to find the medicinal herbs I need." Yeosang said.

"But look at all these places!" Mingi grumbled, glancing at the signs of each store they passed by. They were mostly pubs and taverns, which left a bitter taste in his mouth. They could easily buy a barrel of rum in one of those taverns.

The atmosphere between the harbor and the markets differed by a huge margin. Unlike the empty port, the marketplace was lively and loud. Maybe because it was filled with pubs and taverns and the like that's why the people here had a vigorous and careless aura. It was as if they didn't mind that a fugitive was on loose at all.

"No, we need to prioritize medicines first." Yunho agreed with Yeosang. "If we go in one of those taverns first, we might end up spending all the money on the rum."

Jongho nodded in agreement. Only Mingi groaned in frustration. "Fine!"

"Sujin don't stray too far away, you might get lost." Jongho gestured for Sujin to walk a little closer to him. She was falling behind from the bunch, trying to keep up with the fast pace of these men.

Sujin nodded, "I'll be careful."

"Um, excuse me-" Yeosang approached an old man tending to the plants in front of a wooden lodge. "Do you know a place where we can find medicinal herbs and the like? An apothecary's shop would suffice."

"Oh, there's one." The old man responded. "The apothecary's shop is at the far end of this street, it's the last building you'll see. And don't worry, you'll recognize it as soon as you see it."

"Thank you, have a great day." Yeosang gave the old man his thanks. He nodded back with a smile in response.

Yeosang turned to his comrades, "Well I guess we'll be walking for a while."

×

"That old man wasn't kidding when he said we'll recognize it as soon as we see it." Sujin gawked in awe at the sight in front of her.

"Indeed," Mingi agreed. The other boys had their eyes wide open and was gasping in both awe and amusement.

"That's one building, all right." Yunho said.

The apothecary's shop was a peculiar building, and a person could easily tell the difference between the common buildings here and the store in front of them. Unlike brick walled buildings that filled the market, the old wooden shack was run-down, with vines and leaves crawling up its walls from the ground towards the tilted roof. It rose tall, but it had no windows, only a wooden door placed in the middle. A small wooden sign that read: 'Apothecary's Shop' could be seen hanging beside the door.