arc 2: episode three.

【o15 : a pirate's nature

【o15 : a pirate's nature】

×

"You've only been on this ship for an hour and yet you're already injured."

Sujin winced as Yeosang applied an ointment on her wound. She sat still on the clinic bed, and Yeosang sat in front of her on a stool, concentrating real hard on disinfecting and treating her wound.

"Thank the gods Mingi's cut was shallow." Yeosang heaved a sigh of relief. "Things could've been a lot worse."

Sujin took a look around while Yeosang wrapped a bandage around her wound. The clinic was smaller than what Sujin had thought. The aroma of mint and medicine filled the air as only the warm light of the naphtha lamps that hung around on the four walls of the room illuminated it.

Another lamp sat on a desk situated right beside the door and under the circular window on the right, with stacks of books and papers on it. Sujin perceived it to be Yeosang's clinic desk where he studies for his treatments.

A huge shelf stood beside it. Most of its upper contents were flasks and glass bottles, in which some were empty and some were not. The bottom two shelves were filled with books unknown to her.

A working place was situated at the back part of the room, in which remnants of past trials and experiments of Yeosang could be seen along with a few equipments and flasks. A cupboard was situated both under and over it. Another naphta lamp illuminated that area.

"I'm sorry."

Yeosang turned to face her, and raised a brow.

"Why are you apologizing? There's nothing to be sorry of."

Sujin shook her head, "It's just like what you said. I haven't been on this ship that long but i'm already giving you guys trouble."

"Oh no, that's not the case at all!" Yeosang disagreed, "Cuts and scratches like these happen often. A life of a pirate is just one hell of a dangerous ride. You can't predict when and where you'll die."

"There are only two types of people that laid here," Yeosang pointed on the bed Sujin was sitting on. He gestured for Sujin to come closer, and she obliged.

"Those who are on their deathbeds, and those who aren't." Yeosang whisphered on her ear.

Sujin gulped, involuntarily shuddering as she thought of how many people had died on the very bed she sat on. "Um—"

"Also!" Yeosang clapped his hands, startling Sujin, "It was that tall idiot's fault for not being careful. How dare he fight with a newbie? Thank the heavens he wasn't drunk or else you'd be dead by now."

"What's with the deal of Mingi being drunk?" Sujin asked.

Yeosang smiled, "Someday you'll see what I mean."