arc 2: episode nine.

【o21 : the odd-eyed prince

【o21 : the odd-eyed prince 】

×

There was once a prince that lived in a castle.

He was the second eldest son of the Honorable Lord, which meant that he was not the next in line for the throne. But this certain prince did not mind it at all. In fact, he wasn't greedy over the matters of power and strength, and he was quite satisfied at how life his turned out and was enjoying it to the fullest.

However, there is quite a division between the factions of the officials about how they perceived the two princes. The eldest was the first in line for the throne, but he is what people called a half-blood. His father was the Honorable Lord, but his mother was of low origins. She did not have any noble nor royal blood in her, and that made some official oppose to the ascension of the eldest son to he throne.

The second prince's mother was of noble blood, a daughter of a rich earl in the country. Thus, some officials have agreed upon in making the second son ascend to the throne due to his blood. But despite this, the second prince didn't have any greed in taking over the throne, and was gladly supporting his older brother. He liked his older step brother very much, and adored him greatly.

The step brothers both had a good relationship with each other, until one fateful event pulled them apart.

The second prince had a lover. She was born of a noble family, and was deeply in love with him. They were happy with each other and got married, then they had their first child—a daughter.

But after a few months after the daughter's birth, the second prince's wife died due to an accident.

Struck with grief and agony, the prince locked himself up on his own room, grieving over his dead wife and eventually neglecting his own daughter.

On the third night after his wife's death, the second prince had a visitor. It appeared by the balcony of his room, and it seemed to pass through the doors as if it was just a spirit and had no body. The second prince looked up to it and saw the figure of a beautiful woman. She had white hair that ran down to the floor, porcelain soft skin, and the sweetest smile that he had ever seen.

But he immediately knew who the woman was. Despite her sweet and soft appearance lies the darkness within her.

She was a witch.

An entity that's neither true nor false, an entity that is either adored nor feared by many. An entity capable of magic.

The second prince immediately knew what he had to do.

He knelt before the witch and sobbed.