arc 2: episode ten

【o22 : into the palace

【o22 : into the palace 】

×

"General Domi."

The female general who was having the time of her life chilling on the roof of the palace grunted in annoyance as she sat up and looked down to the voice who called her. There she saw a man dressed in black uniform looking up at her. He held his black brimmed hat in his arms as he squinted his eyes to look at the general's figure on the roof.

"What the hell do you want, Lieutenant Donghyun?"

The lieutenant sighed, "The Honorable Lord is in need of your presence."

The general scoffed and crossed her arms. "What, is he having anxiety attacks again?"

The lieutenant nodded. "It's been a few days since the prince disappeared and we still have no leads from him, so the anxiousness of the Lord must have increased tremendously. I mean, who wouldn't be scared if someone's after your life?"

"It's his fault for locking his own goddamn son in a dungeon."

"General Domi." The lieutenant gave her a meaningful stare. "He's still your father, you know."

"Yeah, right." She stood up, took her own brimmed hat which laid on her side, and dusted the dirt off from her pants. Then she jumped in ease from the roof to the spot next to the lieutenant, which made him flinch in surprise.

"You were at least two stories high..." Lieutenant Donghyun commented as he glanced at the roof in which Domi had been in.

"Yes, and you're a scaredy cat, Donghyun." General Domi responded as she wore her hat. "Anyways, why is father so scared? I'm here near him for god's sake."

Lieutenant Donghyun just kept quiet.

General Domi crossed her arms. "He may not be the best father out there but there's no way I'm letting my younger brother murder my dad in front of my eyes."

×

"How do we know if this story is the truth?" Seonghwa asked, referring to the old book Janus had lent them. It included the story of the Honorable Lord, Jahad, and how Janus came to be. The moon was already up high in the dark dome of the sky, illuminating the woods around as the pirates along with Sujin and Janus continued on with their conversation.

"Yeah," San said, rereading the old texts of the book. The words were written in a sloppy and barely recognizable handwriting, as if the writer was rushing when he wrote the text. "And how did you get your hands on this? Where is this from? Who wrote it?"

"Slow down with the questions, San." Wooyoing patted the green haired navigator's shoulder. They were still situated on the rock formations where Janus had led them. After explaining who he is, Janus lent them the old book he had, and let them read what's inside it. Inside its worn out pages were the story of Jahad, and how his own son was cursed.