Chapter 20- Joey

I stayed up until eleven texting Ryan about his work.

That's all we talked about, not what happened, just the work.

I hate to say , but it felt disappointing. I thought maybe he try to change my mind about waiting after the exams, but true to his word, he never mentioned it.

We both had things at stake if he didn't pass.

I'd lose the scholarship, and he'd be sent to Australia.

Honestly, i wasn't sure if the scholarship would bother me as much as Ryan being sent away. He was like a drug, and i was addicted. His smell, his eyes, everything about him drew me closer, and i hated myself for falling so far, so fast. The last time i was so attached to a person, it was my dad, and when he died it hit me hard. I knew this would be te same, if Ryan really did get sent away again.

"Morning," Caytlyn mumbled into her pillow, i rubbed her back, it was six in the morning, and i needed to drive her home so she could get ready for school.

I showered and dressed in record time, Zac gave me the car keys and told me he'd hitch a ride with one of his friends.

I dropped Caytlyn at a cafe near her house, she didn't want mom to see us together, i nodded, understanding. Honestly, i didn't want to see mom just as much.

I drove straight to school, and waved to Zac, i got a head nod in return.

I sighed, lately, a nod of the head was all i got. His role of the protective brother was in full toll, but i missed my brother. Plain old Zac, before he took on the role as my make-shift dad.

A squealing behind me made me jump.

"You will never guess what just happened!" She shouted, jumping up and down. I felt bad for the little sea monkey being knocked around inside her.

I waited for her to tell me but she just stood there grinning at me.

"Are you going to tell me or leave me hanging all day?" I asked, gripping her shoulders to stop the constant bouncing. Sea monkey was getting some serious damage.

"Guess!" She yelled, still grinning like a demented Cheshire cat.

"You just said i'd never guess what happened." I retorted with a smirk.

"Oh guess already you negative Nelly." She swatted me on the shoulder, and i rubbed it pouting.

"Bitch, being up the duff makes you violent." I commented, then ducked when i saw her raise her hand to slap me again, "Fine, fine, i'll guess. You just found out sea monkey has a twin."

She gasped, "Oh gosh no. I wouldn't be happy about that, one sea monkey is enough. Guess again?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, your really a man and your getting you own t.v show, first pregnant man." I smiled when her jaw dropped, she visibly paled.

"Oh hell no, as much as i want my own t.v show, i'm happy being female. Gosh you suck at guessing. Okay, you know how Nathan was really nice to me, at the smokers wall?" I nodded and she continued, "I bumbled into him last night at Starbucks, and i thought he was only being nice to me the other day to impress you, but he was really sweet and kind and understanding, and oh my gosh he asked me to the Halloween dance." She finished with a squeal and a happy dance, she had a look on her face that people get when they start daydream, but she was still dancing. Again i hoped for sea monkeys safety. Speaking of sea monkey...

"Err, Kenzi," I tapped her stomach, "Don't you think there's something you should tell him before you start planning a wedding?" Her smile stayed in place.