Chapter 33- Facing The Truth.

I left it a full week before i decided to man up and go and see Zac.

I'd gone back to school when they'd let me out of the hospital, much to Ryan's dislike.

If anyone so much as barged me in the hall, he'd fuss saying i should be resting, that i was pushing myself and i would get hurt by rough people in school.

It was annoying but sweet, so i let it go and let him fuss.

I'd told him about Zac and he told me it was my decision and i should go whenever im ready.

Which is why i left it a full week before my curiosity was driving me insane and i had to know the truth.

I walked up the familiar steps to the house i used to think was home. Knowing my mother would probably be inside made the once homely feeling, i got when i saw this house, turn into a cold shiver. I didn't like knowing i would have to face the woman that ruined most of my life.

 I knocked swiftly and hoped to god she wouldn't answer. I hoped Zac came to the door.

Instead it was neither. A tall slightly plump man with greying brown hair and crooked brown eyes answered. "Oh... You must be Naomi. Im Keith."

I nodded as i remember Caytlyn explain how mother got remarried.

"Oh... Well... Hello, i guess. Im looking for Zac." He opened his mouth to speak but the answer came from behind him.

"He's out... Covering an extra shift at work." Avoice cold enough to freeze fire made itself known behind Keith.

"I'll leave you ladies alone to... Whatever." Keith threw my mother a guilty look and hurried away from us.

The tension built the more we stood and stared at each other.

As the time ticked past and neither of us spoke, i realised whatever truth i wanted to get was only going to come from Zac. My mother obviously wasn't as anxious for me to know.

I sighed. "I guess i'll go to the garage and speak to him there."

"Naomi." Her voice grated over my name, as if saying it physically hurt her.

I shut my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. It hurt me to know after all this time she still held so much resentment for me... Because i was born...

"What?" I said, opening my eyes to look at her cold ones. Eyes that would look so pretty if she just lost that cold hard edge that she seem to hold only for me.

"Leave us alone."

I gasped and my jaw dropped. "What?"

"You heard me. Our family the way it should of been all them years ago, Zac and Caytlyn with me and you and your father away from us." She spat.

"Why do you hate me so much?! What could i of possibly done to create so much resentment in you!" I spat back, raising my voice, forgetting my calm and collected attitude from eariler.

"You were born!" She screamed.

At first i wanted to scream and kick and fight with the nearest wall, then i wanted to hit her and take my hatred out on her.

In the end i did nothing.

I didn't hit her or the walls, i didn't scream and shout, I just stood there staring at her and she collected herself.

"I think it's best if you leave and dont come back. It's best for us all."

I surprised myself by answering calmly. My voice was sturdy and i stared her deep in the eyes. "Im not leaving until i get the truth. Only then will i leave and believe me i wont come back. not like i'd really want to anyway."