Chapter 28- truth!

I pulled my hand roughly from Zac's as he tried yet again to explain why he hadn't told me.

"Zac! Enough, just leave me alone!" I yelled, wincing a pulled myself away from him little to roughly and a burning feeling ran down my back, starting at my sour shoulder.

"Careful Naomi..." Ryan said softly as the heart monitor showed the pain making my pulse speed up. He brushed my hair from my face and smiled at me. I wanted to smile back but a nagging in the back of my head told me i should be mad at him.

"Oh piss off Ryan. Why are you still here? Your not needed, or wanted. Just leave." Zac yelled with a frustrated tone.

"Hey!" I wacked Zac's arm with the back of my hand, "Your not wanted at the moment either if you stay so does he."

Zac growled. A rumbling sound echoing from his chest. "This is bullshit Naomi!"

My mother had left about five minutes ago when she realised she'd dropped Zac in it, and he needed a moment with me alone to explain, but i told Zac i didn't want to be alone, and forced Ryan to stay too.

I wished i'd just forced them both to leave.

"No Zac. What's bullshit is you not telling me that for the past year you've been meeting up with mum behind my back! That you've been lying to me. You weren't taking extra hours at work, or extra basketball practice, you were going to see that BITCH!"

"Naomi-" I wavved my hand to cut him off.

"All this time... You've been hiding it from me... I thought i could trust you!"

"Well i thought i could trust you!"

"Obviously not or you would have told me!- wait... what?Why dont you trust me?" I finally realised what he had said.

"Oh please. I'm not the only one lying lately. You think i haven't noticed that Ryan's being a little more than friendly. Which is a big thing considering this guy doesn't have a friendly bone in his body!"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I told you we weren't together... And we're not."

"I asked if you weren't friends. You said no."

I felt Ryan's eyes burning a hoe in my face but i didn't look at him, i kept my eyes on Zac.

"I know how you feel about Ryan... I was going to tell you, but i need the right moment. When oyu confronted me i panicked and by that time the damage was done..."

"Why Naomi?" I looked Zac in the eye... He sounded so sad.

"Why what?" My voice was so quite it was barely above a whisper.

"Why did you have to make friends with him. You could have gone about your business and left him with whoever he spends his days with." He was glaring angrily at this point so i figured the truth was the best option.

"It wasn't like that... I didn't want to be friends with him, it was Mr Mays. He asked me to tutor Ryan, that's how we became friends or whatever it is we are."

Zac stared at me.

After what seemed like years he finally spoke.

"He aksed you?"

I nodded.

"As in, you had a choice. You could have said no?"

I gulped and looked down.

Again i nodded.

"Why? Why didn't you say no?"

All through the conversation Ryan had sat still and quite, but at Zac's question he leant forward, as if coming to the same conclusion as Zac.

"Naomi." Zac's voice was hard. "What was in it for you?"

I gulped again, my mouth going dry and my breathing was fast but ragged. "I dont know what your talking about." I said, not meeting either of their eyes.

Ryan finally spoke up. "Naomi... Was there more to the tutoring thing than what you've told me?"

I felt my eyes fill with tears. I was finally going to tell him...

"Scholarship..."

"Im sorry, i didn't hear that? Come again." Zac said.

I sighed loudly and yelled. "Mr Mays offered me an art scholarship okay! Happy now!" I screamed at Zac. I finally looked up at Ryan. "Im sorry-"

He cut me off. "All this time... Everytime you waited for me, for hours, it was for a damn scholarship. I actually fooled myself into thinking you cared! That you were doing it for me! I thought you cared!" He yelled, pushing off the bed and taking he hand roughly out of mine.

"Ryan please!"

He glared at me. "I thought Lisa was a bitch, but you've topped her. I didn't think that was possible."

He pulled the hosptial door open and ran out.

Tears fell heavily down my face and i dropped my head into my hands.

"Naomi-"

"No Zac. You wanted your pefect little life with mom. A life where you dont need to hide you secret meetings from me and Caytlyn. You dont have to hide anymore! Why aren't you happy, you should be estatic, you can finally have a life with mom with me out of the way!"

Zac looked shocked. "Out of the way? Naomi what are you talking about?"

I laughed, a humorless dry sound in my throat. "You think i'm coming home with you after this? You think i didn't hear you and mom chit chatting about her moving her stuff in later today? Fuckinghell Zac, im not even unconscious for twenty four hours and she's already packed her stuff and ready to move in?"

"Naomi please dont do this. Mom's not that bad anymore. Keith is a really great guy too, i really think you'd like him."

I nearly chocked. "I dont need a replacment dad thanks, im happy with the old one." I said sarcastically.

"Open you eyes for god sake! Dad is dead! You cant live your life as if your expecting him to come back. Keith isn't going to try and replace dad, he's just... Someone who can be a health father figure. For you and Caytlyn."

I snorted, a very ladylike sound. "Im fine thanks." I replied dryly.

Before he could reply a unfamiliar doctor walked in smiling happily but frowned when he saw the tense atmosphere in the room.

"Well Miss McCormick, how are you feeling?"

I glared at the new doctor.

McCormick is my mother new last name, since she married Keith.

I hated this doctor already.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

This might seem a little all over the place but im hoping the next chapter will be better :D

cookie xx