Chapter 12- Jealous!

I closed the door carefully.

"Zac, you home?" I shouted, it was all quiet in the house, my voice echoing.

"Yea, im in the kitchen, want some pancakes?" He shouted back. We left our bags by the door and ran eagerly into the kitchen.

I motioned for Caytlyn to wait by the door.

"Hey Zac, i saw someone while i was out today." His head snapped towards me.

"Is it a guy?" He asked, his mouth in a thin line.

"Nope." He relaxed.

"Do i know them?" I nodded and he gave me a strange look. "Well who is it then?"

I turned towards the door. "Caytlyn."

She came in, a blush on her face, twiddling her fingers nervously.

"Caytlyn?" His voice was barely a whisper. She nodded. Even with her dyed black hair, her features were still the same.

He laughed and ran to her, picking her up and spinning her.

She laughed and clung to him tightly.

I breathed a sigh of relief that went better than i expected. Why do i always assume the worst?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The night was easy. Lots of questions, on both sides. Zac stayed close to Caytlyn, as if he thought if he left her, she's dissapear for ten years again.

Caytlyn phoned mom and told her she was staying at a friends. She was going to sleep in my room with me, it was better than the spare room or the sofa, i liked having her close too.

"So, how do you feel?" I asked her, as we got ready for bed. It was late and i had lent her some of my old sweat pants to sleep in and a top.

"Really, really good." She smiled and i smiled back. We crawled into my big bed and she snuggled into my side. I wrapped my arms around her, keeping the night chill off her.

"Thank you for today. I needed it. Moms been having a hard time lately, so she take it out on me a lot, i usually go to James, but it felt nice to have someone else."

I froze, my arms tightening around her protectively.

"What do you mean, takes it out on you?" My jaw was stiff, my teeth clenched. The anger was falling off me in waves.

"She just gets mad and shouts and stuff. No big deal." She rolled over so she was facing away from me.

"Does she hit you?" I asked, tightening again. She squirmed and i loosened, not wanting to hurt her.

She was silent.

"I swear to god if she lays a finger on you, i'll kill her myself!" I vowed, sobs escaped her mouth, and i knew she was crying.

I sat up and hugged her. "Shh, she cant hurt you here..." I coo'ed.

"I-it's n-n-not that... It's just, no one knows. Not even james." She sobbed.

"You and James are really close aren't you?" I felt her nod as she tucked herself into me. "Well like i said, it's fine as long as you use protection. im too young to be an auntie."I smiled and she gasped.

"Jeez Naomi, im not a slut, im not going to lose my v card so young, i mean, you joke about it, but its only because you cant get any." She teased.

I stayed quite.

"Wait, you are still a virgin aren't you?" She asked, sitting up on her elbows.

"Erm, actually no." I said, remembering the time last year.