Chapter 18- Smokers Wall.

I didn't know what to expect when i saw Ryan at break the next day.

I didn't know if telling him my biggest secret would bring us closer, and instead of ignoring each other in school like usual, or maybe he'd sit and talk to me in public where everyone could see.

Of course not.

He ignored me, and brushed past me when he saw me in the hall, on my way to my next class.

I sat in english, not listening to what Mr Jones was saying.

I liked english but today i was too distracted.

To distract myself from Ryan related thoughts i idly wondered where Kenzi was.

HIding my phone under the table i sent her a quick text.

Where are you?

Her reply was instant.

Im at a scan.

My jaw dropped down. She was at a baby scan, and she hadn't even told me she had one.

Why didn't you tell me???

Again her reply was instant.

Its not that important.

I rolled my eyes, typical Kenzi, playing everything down.

Important or not, you shouldn't be alone.

I looked up to make sure Mr Jones hadn't noticed i was texting.

Im not alone Drew came with me.

I sighed, glad she had someone with her.

Before i could text back my phone buzzed agian.

The scan wont take too long, i'll be in school around lunch i'll get you a picture. PS i did something bad last night...

I smiled at the part about the picture, even though she was only just nearing three months so i dont know what it would look like.

Maybe a sea monkey.

I frowned at the last part though.

My mind once again going into auto mode and thinking the worst.

Before my thoughts got out of hand i texted her back.

What have you done??

But even after five minutes i still had no reply, looking at Mr Jones i made sure he wasn't looking when i pressed the call button and pushed the phone against my ear. My straight away it went to voice mail, not even ringing once first.

Damn, she'd turned her phone off.

I slid my phone in my pocket when Mr Jones approached me.

"Miss Scotts do you have your assignment?" I nodded and pulled it out of my bag.

It wasn't the greatest i'd done, but i scribbled it down quickly after getting home from my icecream trip with Ryan.

Great now im thinking about Ryan again.

It's like a never ending cycle.

He scanned it quickly checking that all the quesitons had been completed.

"Well done Naomi." He praised before moving to the next student.

My leg bounced as i watched the clock waiting for lunch to hurry up.

I jumped up when the bell rang for next lesson, thankfully i was that much closer to lunch, then i could stop stressing about Kenzi's bad news. It probably wont be as bad as my mind was making it out to be, but i had a tendency to think the worst in all situations.