Chapter 4- Movie Night! (edited)

Picture on the side is Naomi's mom whooo x

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Just keep walking. I should ignore the helpless tone in his voice and walk away.

A heavy over exaggerated sigh was heard.

"Fine... I'll guess I'll just go find someone else. Someone as smart and amazing and beautiful as her... But I don't think anyone will ever compare." I stopped and whirled around. He had his back against my locker, the back of his hand pressed against his forehead, he looked like he belonged in the dramatic scene of a romance movie.

"You're so full of it." I said, loud enough for him to hear it.

He sighed, "Ah, but is it working?" He raised his eyebrow, I resisted the urge to giggle at the sight. His goofy grin and raised eyebrow made a comical pair.

"Not a chance." I said before turning again.

This time I wouldn't stop. I wouldn't let my tendency to help those in need of help get in my way.

"Please. If you want me to get on my knee's and beg you, I will. I need to stay at this school, I'll do whatever it takes." He sounded helpless, like he was seconds from giving up all hope. I stumbled, I hid my blush as I spoke to him.

"If your willing to do anything, why didn't you show up last night?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck, "Yea about that, I was kind of occupied."

This time I raised my eyebrow at him. "With what?" I asked curiously.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious." I retorted.

"Ever heard of curiosity killed the cat?" He said, smiling.

"Good thing I'm not a cat." I replied smoothly, my lips twitching to form a smile. NO! I'm mad at him. He stood me up, i wont forgive him easily.

No matter how good looking, he won't charm his way out of this.

His eyes darted to my face, but avoided my eyes, "Well my girlfriend came around, and she ended up showing me her new bra that's she'd gotten, and well, I'm a man, I have needs." He said, before showing my a toothy grin.

I snapped.

"You left me waiting for you for an hour so you could screw your girlfriend... Yea, seems like you really have your priorities in the right place." I hissed sarcastically before storming down the hall, nearly tripping again.

"Wait! Damn, what the hell is your name! Wait seriously." He ran to catch up with me. "Wait, I'm sorry okay, I figured you'd wait ten minutes, twenty at the max! I didn't think you'd wait an hour! Why didn't you give up and go home!?"

I didn't answer.

Selfish thoughts ran through my head.

I didn't give up because if I did, that would mean losing the scholarship... The selfish part of my mind whispered.

Okay, I might have told Mr Mays I could get the scholarship on my own, but honestly, getting the scholarship from him would make my life so much easier than paying money for the college save me money for the things I need, maybe help Zac out if we ever hand money problems.

My dad left us a lot in his will when he died, being one of the most know lawyers around, and since he had a 98% success rate, people paid him lots to win their case.

We got the house and the money. The money was split between us, but i was saving mine. I wanted to earn my own money, and somehow, using that money for college felt dirty. I didn't earn it, so why should I get to use it?