Chapter 14- Daddy Issues.

My palms were sweating.

My head hurt from the complete consentration.

I had to win this. I needed this.

I raised the pad and pressed the final button.

"Yes! Aha, i won, i beat your ass." I yelled happily in James face.

Zac had gone out and i went for a walk to clear my head of all this Ryan business and ended up bumping into James. He was in town buying Caytlyns birthday present. It wasn't for another month. November 17th.

I smiled. I always loved her birthday. I loved hers, but never mine. I never understood why, i think it's because i loved seeing her happy.

My birthday is December 4th. Nothing special about that day.

After me helping him pick out a really nice necklace, i invited him home for pizza and xbox. We'd been playing for about an hour, and i had finally beaten him.

"Yea yea, i let you win, sick of you pouting everytime you lost." He whipped back with a laugh.

"Whatever loser." I made and L shape with my thumb and finger.

He looked at the pretty red watch on his wrist, "Oh, dammit... I have to go. Im taking Caytlyn on a birthday dinner."

I frowned. "James, her birthday isn't for another month."

"Oh, i know, but my dad lives in London... Instead of him coming here to New York, i have to go there, and i'll be gone for about a month, so i'll miss her birthday." He explained.

"A month!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. Since he split with my mom and moved to London, i only get to see him once a year. So i spend one month a year with my dad, and the rest here with my mom. Makes more sense, i can hardly spend the whole month with the bastard let alone a full year." His words were laced with vemon. They sounded bitter and mean.

"Not a daddies boy then?" I asked, my heart breaking at the thought of my own dad.

"Nah, not since he walked out on us with a slutty little receptionist called Amber." Gosh... That was a very bitter tone for such a sweet guy to have. "All dads are the same." I glanced at him, where was he going with this. "My real dad cheated on my mom. My step dad cheated. Im pretty sure her newest guy is cheating. Anything with the word dad in it is pretty much a load of shit."

"Not exactly..." I said. Hey might as well voice my own opinion.

"What? Im sorry Naomi it's just, i cant see your dad here now, it's like six o'clock, and he's not here. Sorry but cant say he's much of a dad, probably out screwing some girl as we speak. Like most men are." His voice was bitter, laced with hatred for anything by the name dad.

"What?" I was shocked. I wasn't going to stand here and let him slash a guy he didn't know. Even more so when that guy was my DAD. He doesn't even know anything.

"Look, no offense Naomi, but a dad is someone who is home when you get in from school to ask you how your day was. Not just someone who gave you his sperm and fucked off. You dont have a dad Naomi! You have a sperm doner! For god sake open your eyes!" He yelled. I slapped him. Hard.

"You dont know anything. No matter how horrid your thought are of your own father, do not ever insult my dad. You know nothing. Get the fuck out of my house." I pushed him towards the door and ignored his look of shock.

"What, oh crap, im sorry Naomi, i didn't mean anything about that, i just rant sometimes. Honestly im sorry i swear to god i didn't mean anything bad about your dad, it's just a hard topic for me-" He looked ready to cry so i cut him off.