Chapter 19

Azula was furious. For an entire night the group had chased the Avatar across the Earth Kingdom country side from a forest to a mountain range to another Forest and finally an abandoned town. From What Azula said she had almost had the Airbender until she was surrounded by the Avatars friends and the Fire Nation "Traitors" Iroh and Zuko. She was only able to escape capture by landing a cheap shot on a distracted Iroh. Sung had no way of finding out if the old General was alive or dead but something inside him told him it was the former rather than the latter. After picking up Mai and Ty Lee Sung found Azula running for her life a few miles outside the old town. She had wanted to go in after them in force while they were still in the area but Sung had advised against it. After going full blast all night everyone was tired, yes this only angered her further but Sung Cared little. Ty Lee and Mai on the other hand did care, Ty Lee was scared of the outbursts while Mai shrunk back at them. He had made a note of their reactions over the past week of travel and he realized quickly when she got like this they kept silent. Sung in contrast did his best to calm her down with little avail, he would admit her insults that were targeted his incompetence were getting more and more creative as time went on. He ignored all of them. Standing out in a tan earth covered Plain with Siren resting on his wrist he patted the bird on the head while Azula had gone to "Cool off" the early morning Sunrise warming his body. To Sungs simple mind he couldn't see how anyone could be angry on such a beautiful day. Of course in his mind any day where an Earth Kingdom Solider didn't run you through was a good day.

"I hate when she gets like this" Ty Lee spoke up as she sat on the ground her legs crossed "She just gets so mad for no reason sometimes"

"I have noticed" Sung responded simply as a warm breeze blew. "I would wager that her high expectations cloud her thoughts." Involuntarily he let out a loud yawn, covering his mouth quickly. The nights chase across the Earth Kingdom had taken more out of him that he had originally thought.

"Still that's no reason to get mad at people who are only trying to help. We all dropped everything to come out here and she can't even say thank you!" Said Ty Lee, crossing her arm and letting out an annoyed puff of air.

"I didn't have much going on" Mai chimed in as she spun a knife on her finger.

"Well I did!" Ty Lee spoke in a louder tone of voice. "I had a good thing going on at the circus and in walks my worst nightmare."

This caused Sung to turn to them "How did she get you two to come to the ass crack of the Earth Kingdom?"

" Azula came to the Circus I was preforming at and set the Net under me on Fire, then she had all the animals released into the ring!"

Mai paused her knife spinning at that as she looked at Ty Lee with sympathetic eyes "That's what you meant by her calling louder?" Ty Lee could only nod in response. "Ty Lee I am so sorry."

"What about you Sung, how did she get you to come?" Ty Lee asked.

"Not like I had much of a choice to begin with, I'm a solider I go where I am told. I found It is easier to accept that fact and bear with it than to complain about it. She said she needed an expert on the Earth kingdom and I suppose I was the closest thing to an Expert in a ten mile radius. Then again it wouldn't have taken much to convince me if I did have a choice."

"Why is that?" Mai asked.

"I love this land. Out here everything is so simple I know what the objective is and I will do everything in my power to achieve it. I am more comfortable out here than I was standing around the palace. Here I feel I have purpose"

"I'm sure it had nothing to do with being Close to Azula." Ty Lee spoke with a smirk on her face.

"I don't know what you are insinuating" Sung responded as he continued to pet the Hawk on the top of the head.