Chapter 47

For a week after the Fire Nations Victory following the failed invasion Sung buried himself in the task the Fire Lord had given him. He combed over Reports, Maps, anything that was worth even a glance. But admittedly he found very little to go off of, he had seen a few reports from Domestic Forces patrols and Naval Ships about a "odd flying creature" heading away from Fire Nation Mainland territory. That by itself wasn't strange Solider's and especially Sailors always said they saw strange things. He had heard more than one story from Navy crews seeing things ranging from sea monsters to mermaids. One story in particular was about a glowing cylinder flying across the sky quicker than any animal. Sung had never held too much truth to those stories however, he was spiritual not a moron who believed every story he heard.

But Sung had learned rather quickly from his time in the Earth Kingdom with Azula tracking the Avatar that odd flying creatures usually meant the Avatars Sky Bison. But outside of knowing what it was he had little to go on since the last Naval ship had spotted the Bison leaving Fire Nation waters. By now they could be anywhere in the world, though Sung suspected that they would stay close to the Earth Kingdom. But where? The most likely location was Omashu if the Avatar somehow knew that Omashu had liberated itself. But that investigation would require more information. Until then he had sent out messages to every base Commander, outpost, and Ship that if they saw anything they were to report it immediately. All he could do on that front was watch, look, and wait.

In regards to Zuko however Sung had better luck and it came from the unlikeliest of places. A prison, not just any Prison but the Boiling Rock. The most secure prison in the Fire Nation, if not the world. Located in a Semi Dormant Volcano. Semi dormant because lava never flowed but there was a constant heat to the place that caused the water located inside to boil at such a temperature that if someone fell in they would literally be cooked alive.

Boiling rock was a recent prison, built early in Ozais reign used to house Murders, pirates, traitors, and war prisoners. Any who were unlucky enough to be sent to that facility usually ended up dying there, any hope for escape was impossible. The only way in or out being a two way monorail system leading to and from the Prison.

But why would Zuko go there if all places? From the report he had read from the Boiling Rocks Warden who was by a crazy coincidence Mai's Uncle, Zuko had been posing as a Guard, but why? For what reason? Sung's only thought was there was someone there he needed, or if had indeed followed through with his plan someone the Avatar needed. He didn't have time to get a roster of every Prisoner at the Rock before Azula wanted to leave. He supposed some mystery's were better left unsolved.

Sung was aboard an Airship, eighteen members of the Procession in tow, along with Azula Mai had come along as well for obvious reasons. Zuko had left without saying anything to her and left her a letter explaining his actions. She of course was rightfully upset about this and wanted a straightforward answer from the man who had broken her heart. Ty Lee was also present but Sung didn't know why. A Prison full of Cutthroats and killers was the last place she should be, he wasn't too keen on Azula and Mai going but Azula was a princess and he couldn't really control her and Mai was too angry to be reasoned with. Sung had tried and almost got his throat slit for his effort. He very much liked his head attached to his neck.

Sung stood next to the helm, staring out at the blue of the sky. He wasn't too sure how to feel being this high off the ground. He had felt a small tinge of nausea the second he felt the Airship take off but thank the Goddess it had past him by. These new machines were marvels of engineering but much like his opinion on Ships if the Sun Goddess had wanted man to fly she would have given them wings. It wasn't the fall that killed you if one of these things stopped working, it was the sudden drop...but he didn't even want to humor that thought right now.