Chapter 33

Sung was Disarmed, he was cuffed, and he was alone in a cell. After being captured by the mysterious group Mai, Ty Lee, Azula, himself and of course Siren had been lead out of the room. But instead of taking them through the Palace their Captors had used Earthbending to open up a secret passageway in the walls. Passing through they walked for what had felt like an eternity While Ty Lee shifted against those holding her in an attempt to break free, Mai had done much the same as had Sung. But Azula simply allowed herself to be lead. Had this been her plan all along? To get captured? He wanted to ask her but now wasn't the time, he would ask her later. If there was a later for him to ask.

Sung immediately thought of the Warriors code he had lived his entire life by, how if a warrior was captured the only way to keep his honor intact was to commit seppuku, ritual suicide. But the last time he had told Azula that it had earned him a slap to the face. She had called him a fool for believing that...and since he had lead the retreat from Ba Sing Se after The Drill had been destroyed he had thought that maybe she was right. Because during that retreat as that Earth Kingdom Solider had prepared to run him through with a Spear Sung had thought of Azula, how he hadn't wanted to die because he wanted to see her again. It wasn't only that, it was the Promise he had made to himself outside of Wonbaek, that he would tell her how he felt about her. No today wouldn't be his end. Not before he said what he had wanted to say for so long.

After who knew how many minutes of walking the Group was lead into a narrow hallway, metal doors with a single barred window and cut outs at the bottom lining both sides. Sung couldn't help but take note of how...how cold it felt in here. He prayed that this place wouldn't be his tomb. Signaling a halt, the leader of their captors opened a door on the left side, Ty Lee was pushed inside and the door was locked. Then the same happened with Mai with a door on the right.

Now it was only Sung and Azula, thought this wouldn't last. After only a few feet he himself was thrown into a cell. Stumbling Sung turned around just in time to catch a glimpse of Azula giving him one last comforting smile, just before the door was closed, and he listened as their footsteps grew further and further away.

After The Battle Of Kretin Valley Sung wouldn't have thought he would ever be in such a dire situation again. Well he had just found it. A quick glance around the room had quickly ruled out. Any means he could see of escape. He supposed he could theoretically use his firebending to melt the lock off of the door, but he had never attempted to use his firebending for such a task and he wasn't even sure if his fire was hot enough to do anything besides turn the metal red. The cut out at the bottom was definitely out of the question, all he could fit in there was his arm.

"Sung." He heard Ty Lee call from further down the hall. "Are you there?"

Sung stepped towards the door and looked out the bar covered window. "I'm here." He called back. "You girls aright?" He asked with concern.

"I'm fine..." Mai said from further down the hall. "I'm just shaken up."

"Ty Lee?" Sung then asked.

There was a moments pause. "I'm...I'm a little scared but...I'm okay."

He wanted nothing more than to give Ty Lee a comforting hug, but he couldn't. "I'm scared too." He said. "But we'll get out of this somehow." He didn't know how.

"Where is Azula?" Mai asked.

Sung grimaced. "I don't know they took her further down the hall and I lost sight of her."

There was a moments pause before Mai spoke again. "How are we going to get out of here?"

Sung Sighed. "I don't know...yet, but somehow we will, I promise." He added that last part for their benefit, his way of letting them know that it wasn't over yet. But he couldn't see any workable way out. Perhaps with some time to think he could come up with something to help them get out of this cold prison. But for right now they were stuck for the duration. As far as he could tell their only hope of escape rested in Azula...and he prayed to Amaterasu that they hadn't killed her....if they did...Sung didn't know what he'd do, but those who hurt her would meet the same fate.