Chapter 18

"You want me to teach you how to bend Lightning?" Sung asked his brow twisted in confusion as the group sat around a campfire as he spun a wooden spit with a skinned rabbit attache to it in a slow circular motion. the juices leaving the cooking meat and landing in the fire below with a sizzle. It had been a full day since their encounter with the "Earth King trash" As Sung had called them. In that time the trail to the Avatar had gotten much fresher as more and more hair had been found. This time it handed been found at old campsites but hanging on trees, resting in fields. So much hair had been found that Sung could track the Avatar with almost no effort. The last Campsite they had found the embers from the Fire were still warm meaning they were getting close at least a few hours behind them at this point. Though Sung wasn't set on relying on the Fur from the Sky Bison as a trail marker. The Second the Avatar realized he was being tracked by that route he would do everything in his power to stop it leading them back to square one.

"I already know how to Bend lightning you dolt" Azula said a frown on her face as she took a sip of water from a tin cup "I want you to teach me how YOU bend lightning. The only person I knew to do it that fast was my Father and he is always too busy to teach me, I figured second best was better than not learning at all." Amazing how she could turn a compliment into an insult so quickly.

"My technique was learned over years of practice and experience, a fire bending prodigy you may be" Sung responded as he jabbed the tip of his dagger into the cooking rabbit to test if it was done or not "But not even you could learn my technique in one lesson"

"Are you questioning my ability Sung?" Azula asked.

The young Captain shook his head ferociously "Of course not, I am only saying there is more to it than just swinging your arms around. You have to be in complete control of yourself or the Lighting will do more than blow up in your face, it will blow you up leaving nothing but your shoes if you're lucky. This ain't your daddies lightning bending this is a art form passed down for generations."

"I don't think its about that at all, I just think you don't want me to have another leg up on you"

Sung looked up from his task at that comment. "Excuse me? I am a perfectly capable Fire bender miss Prodigy. Anything you can do I can do. I have mastered all sixty forms it just took me a little longer than you!"

Azula had a sly grin on her face "Can you bend blue fire?" As if to prove her point she held her free hand up a blue flame dancing in the palm of her hand

He involuntarily shrunk back at the sight of the Flame. In all of history only a select few Fire Benders have been able to have the control to conjure blue fire, Sung was not one of those select few. "No..."

"then I can Fire bend better than you" Satisfied she closed her palm extinguishing the flame a smirk plastered on her face as a banner of pride.

in the Background he could hear Ty Lee shouting "Ooooh" at the quip.

"That's enough from the peanut gallery..." He mumbled under his breath as he jabbed his knife into the cooking meat once again. It had a bit of resistance at the touch a few more turns should do it. "Alright fine If you want to learn then I will teach you but don't come crying to me when you can't do it. I was not kidding when I said it took me years to perfect, once upon a time my lightning bending was a mediocre as yours "

"Mediocre?!" She stood up at the insult the orange flames from the Fire rising with her anger "did you just say my lightning bending is...mediocre?"

"Calm down hot men" Sung said with his own sly grin even as the fire rose "you'll burn supper"

"I'll burn your hair off!"

"Just leave my eyebrows alone"

A growl rose up from her throat as she balled her fists at her side. Ty Lee walked passed him and placed two hands on her shoulders "Calm down Azula, all that negative energy is bad for your skin. Just take a deep breath."