Chapter 27

Azula stood in her Quarters back at Fort Sozin, the Green Uniform of a Kyoshi Warrior resting Folded on her bed. She had the Uniform yes but she still didn't see how it would help her get into Ba Sing Se. Even if Kyoshi Island had allied with the Earth Kingdom they wouldn't just let her and her friends walk up to the Palace of the Earth King where the Avatar was most likely at. She had brought up those Concerns to Sung but he didn't seem worried in the slightest. Since Returning to the Fort, Sung had spent almost all of his time back in the Command center. He had only come to her once saying he needed a minimum of Colonel Class Clearance to look at some classified information, when she had asked him about what it was he needed to look at he was vague in his response "Its a Surprise!" Azula could easily rule him out as a Earth Kingdom spy so she wrote him up a pass for him just to humor him. He had long since earned her trust, Azula knew for a fact he would never betray her or the Fire Nation for that matter. Upon getting the Slip of paper he had practically run out of the room like a child excited on their birthday ready to open up presents. It was sort of cute in his own sort of way, how Sung seemed to dive head first into complicated tasks.

She had noticed Sung did well when he had a set objective to accomplish and if it set his mind at ease to keep busy she would give him as much work as he wanted for as long as he wanted. He had been pulling more then his fair share of Weight during this mission...Unlike Mai and Ty Lee. The girls could fight with the best of them but outside of that the two were almost useless. During their time out in the wild tracking the Avatar it had been Sung who did all of the Camp making, preparing their food, and of course driving the Tank. Yes he hadn't taken part in much of the fighting aspect of the mission though he did go out on his own during their first encounter with the Avatar and ended up breaking his ribs and of course leading a retreat from the Earth Kingdom capital's wall he had done more than enough to make up for it.

Mai and Ty Lee on the other hand were more of hangers on. Azula felt if the group ever found themselves in a fight they could not win they would be the first to cut and run, Sung on the other hand would most likely stand his ground right beside her so they could face the end together. Sung was indeed a loyal and caring friend. She owed him twice for saving her life the only thing she owed Mai and Ty Lee for was coming along, even if Azula had to do some...convincing. Hearing the door to her room open pulled her from her thoughts, turning her body to see Ty Lee dressed in her own Warriors Uniform doing a full spin her arms outstretched like a model a big smile as she did so "What do you think?"

The Princess stifled a laugh. "You look ridiculous."

This caused Ty Lee to stop her little performance and frown in disappointment "I like it, its comfortable and stylish. Almost like it was made for me!" The bubbly girl seemed to take pride in the uniform that not too long ago had been worn by an enemy. Almost too much pride.

"If you think that rag is Stylish I would hate to see what you have in your closet." Azula responded with a roll of the eyes. "I don't know why Sung thinks this is the best idea on how to get into Ba Sing Se. It's like he just expects us to walk up to the walls and knock!"

"I'm sure he has something in the works. Sung always has a plan."

Azula rolled her eyes "He didn't have a plan when he went off to engaged the Avatar alone and broke his Ribs." She countered walking over to the Warriors Uniform and lifting the right sleeve up ever so slightly. "Makes you wonder how he has survived as long as he has if he dose stupid things like that regularly."

Ty Lee let out a little giggle "I didn't say all of his plans were good ones. You have to admit he has gumption." Gumption that borderlines on misplaced optimism perhaps. "Whats going to happen to those girls we took these clothes from?" The conversation suddenly changed causing Azula to set the sleeve back down and look back to Ty Lee.