𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

we were still running by the time the car came up on our asses again.

steph wouldn't stop laughing, earning me the feeling that this was the most amusing feeling she's probably ever felt in her life.

we were one minute out from the curtis house, as my laughing screams became to much for me to handle.

stopping to catch my unbearable breath, keeping my cries of laughter to silence, the car came rushing to my side as i rolled my eyes beginning to run again.

it took only a moment and one turn down the street before we come to the front door of the curtis house, slamming and locking the door behind after i entered the house.

my laughing became uncomfortable as the sounds of happiness escaping from my mouth turned into a subtle coughs i couldn't seem to control.

bedding over at the waist, putting my hands to my knees, coughing up a storm i gasped for air. never receiving the gift of getting it.

"oh my FUCKING god!" steve screamed, almost more annoyed than worried from the kitchen where he sit at the table.

"stop trying to run without an inhaler dipshit." he sighed passing out the deck the cards he was shuffling when i came in, shaking fiercely his head.

there wasn't a sign of the men behind us, but still with the pleasant feeling of coughing up my insides, i sat on the floor catching my breath, as dally sat next to me, placing a hand steadily on my back.

it took of few minutes of gathered worried stares and a pep talk about breathing to calm me down before my eyes grew heavy and i laid my back down against the floor breathing heavy.

sprawling out on the floor, with the occasional cough here and there, dally laid down with me, probably finding some amount of sorrow in his stirring heart for the actions of my shit brother.

stephane was still in johnnys arms, laying on the couch taking a nap while i was tempted to do the same.

i could hear soda and steve bickering in the kitchen as i closed my eyes on the floor, coughing once more.

"just talk to her for once in your life!" soda pestered steve, probably poking his fingertips in his sides like he always does while getting him in the mood to do something.

"no, she's dumb." he replied, as both dally and i cracked a smile in reply to his dull vocabulary.

"you're an asshole, you know?" soda replied in a serious tone, walking into the living room, ending the one way effort conversation.

steve sighed, probably rolling his eyes like he always does when that noise escapes his mouth. the one of complete dissatisfaction.

sometimes i didn't know what it would ever take to get steve to like me in the ways that he used too.

sometimes people hate the idea of you, just like they could fall in love with the proposition of who you are.

they really don't hate or love you. they just hate or love the position you have in their life.

it's never gunna be who you've built yourself to become when you have someone like steve in your life.

he can hate you without knowing who you are. he can hate because he doesn't want to know who it is you've built your life upon.

steve doesn't know how to love a person. he has feelings for titles, no matter how harsh those thoughts can be.

after laying a second longer on the floor, ponyboy approaches me, letting down an arm to pull me up.