𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥

"a part of me doesn't even want to ask." steve sighed, almost as if he expected something like this from me and pony.

it wasn't a secret that when were together some real shit always ends up going down. i mean, one time pony broke his toe and had to wear a cast, and i fucking stubbed my toe on his toe cast and broke mine too. i honestly don't fully know why fate fucks us over when together, but i've just accepted that it does.

"your literal eyeball is bleeding." darry said blankly, over pronouncing the word literal like he himself was amazed.

"yeah, and i'd really like it to stop cause i can't really see shit right now if you know what i mean." i stated, as darry suddenly jumped up and off of the couch like realization finally smacked him upside.

steve swallowed a laugh as my presentation of bloody clothes, a bum lip, and a crooked wrist seemed to crack him up. he didn't seem to care all that much, because for him this was a normal i'm not proud of.

angela shepard and i usually hang out on the weekends, raising hell in bars were not legally allowed to be in, and going to drag races we'd sneak into just to get the endless kicks of watching people nearly kill themselves in a stupid fucking car.

fights were usual, as she herself taught me how to hold my ground. she said i had potential to be a real greaser girl, as if i weren't living that life already. steve would get me cleaned up most nights at home when dad was either sleeping or not around.

no lectures, not even a word. he didn't care if i got myself killed, i really don't think he cared if i did it myself.

"sodapop!" darry screamed while approaching me, causing my ears to ring. it stung the inside of my head, a buzzing feeling leaving me uneasy.

it took a moment more of screaming to really wake him up, and by the time he came stumbling out of the room, my migraine practically took over all function of my my bruised head.

"the hell?" he asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes. his morning voice was real funny, even if it wasn't quite morning yet.

it was deep, almost dark in a way. some would say seductive, but in my case that's just fucking disgusting. that was my brothers best friend, and i'm not trying to make a move.

"you're brother decided to get shit faced and take ollie with him." darry replied, cupping his hand on my face, fixing his widened stance to get a better look at my eye.

his thumb hovered over my skin as a burning sensation tingled throughout my body.

"uhm, owwwww." i whined with an attitude, holding my wrist. he sighed and grabbed my good hand, leading me towards the kitchen to what i assumed was to get me cleaned up.

he seemed upset, equally upset with the both of us. he wasn't my brother, but he might as well be.

steve turned on the tv, causing my attention to shift from walking to the program that was running. it was a news report about a house that looked quite familiar to me. the house where i dick kicked two guys.

is it wrong to say that i'm proud of myself?

darry, stopping with me and my sudden change of awareness, we both watched the television screen with content. there was a reporter talking about what has happened that night, with the close up picture of the three or four guys getting loaded off into a police car.

the fuzz actually cared. it's funny to think that they actually did.

i shivered at their sight as steve sighed at the program and quickly changed it to something else. he didnt seem to care about the current situation, but only if he knew that it was me that the reporter lady was talking about, then just maybe he would.