𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

we spent probably a decent solid twenty minutes loading up the car for the trip after we got home.

i made quite the scene about sitting next to dally, and when dar wouldn't let me, i'm telling you, i lost my absolute shit.

"come on please, darry, just let me sit by him." i whined, as dar pushes dally in the bed of the truck, leading me towards the passenger seat.

"no please come on." i begged again, this time my voice getting higher, my breath escalating the same.

"nope, but you get to sit next to me." he smiled, opening the passenger side door pointing for me to get in.

"come on ollie, it ain't that bad." dallas screamed from the back of the truck, leaning over the edge of the cargo bed.

my hands dashed to my face, as tears began to trickle down from my eyes.

when you've been so comfortable with a person for so long, it feels wrong to be stripped away. dally was my emotional support person, being that he could take any abuse thrown his way and make it look like nothin about it hurt. he can almost take your sorrow right from your skin, and make it his. that's what i did for archie, i never knew someone would do it for me.

"awh olive aster, please get in the car." darry begged as he slammed the drivers side door after getting in, causing me to jump in place.

the rest of the guys were already in the car by the time i started to panic, and watching me freak out didn't give them as many kicks as i thought it would.

i mean, id laugh if steve lost his mind.

yeah,

i guess that's a little mean.

"look darry, dally's all she's got right now, you can't take that away from her. she's already got so many people gone. this one's permanent, just let her go with who she feels comfortable with." steve reasoned, as the windows were cranked down and the car was put into gear.

"man, she has to open up or else dallys gunna be all she ever wants. trust me, pone did the same thing when mom and dad died." he sighed, running a hand through his detailed curly hair.

"it has to work." he stated, hopeful as my tears became heavy, flowing down my rosy cheeks.

dally made his way clean outta the truck as my body paralyzed with fear, afraid to move without him by my side.

picking me up from behind, he wrapped a sheltered arm around my body, turning me around so that i was propped up on his hip like a two year old crying in a church pew on sunday mass.

i looked real pathetic, even felt the same way too.

i guess when you're vulnerable, there just ain't much that you can do.

opening the passenger side door, dally threw me in next to darry, strapped me into my seatbelt, kissed my forehead three times, and slammed the door.

i love you stated for each kiss.

i put my knees up to my chest in comfort, as darry pushed them down as we began to drive.

opening the back sliding window of the truck so that i could hear dallys voice, i crossed my arms above my lap, taking a few calming deep breaths as instructed by two-bit sitting directly behind me.

i didn't mean to act immature, sometimes situations just suck the age right outta you, leaving you hopeless and helpless to be yourself.

it's like you want to give up. you really want to, because feeling sorry for yourself just feels so right. rarely anyone else in your life ever does it, so it's only fair if you do it, right?