𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

i couldn't help but laugh, suddenly cheering myself on in my head at the thought of what two-bit would say about this one.

we traded jokes whenever we got the chance. i give him most of my good ones. he seemed proud.

"randle! can i have you demonstrate a triple double back for us?" coach prada asked, stepping clear of the mats she placed on the floor inches from where we all stood in a line.

giving cherry a side eye, i made my way to the front of the mats, starting off in a cartwheel, one back flip, then another ending in three turns mid air.

landing on my feet, puffing out my chest, and sticking my hands high in the air, wrists bent, i bowed in all four corners of the room taking a deep breath.

"rotating." she exclaimed.

"spot on." she finished giving me a thumbs up as i returned back to the line.

the rest of practice was basically a stare down between me and cherry. my grey eyes won every time.

she could be brutally nice sometimes that it honest to god killed me. she's just scrappy, that's what bothers me the most.

coach announced our annual fall pep rally for next friday, in a week exact. i was left to train the girls on spotting after my shifts at the nightly double this weekend. apparently i'm the only one whos broke enough to need a job.

after changing in the locker rooms and heading towards second period, i met fetcher in the hall, looking kind of drunk.

throwing himself steadily into a locker screaming something i couldn't quite understand, i raced up to him, grabbing him by the forearm with a squeeze.

"jesus fetch, did you pass the hell out last night?" i asked, yanking him into the janitors closet down the hall as the bell for second period rang.

"abra cadbra!" he shouted as i pushed him onto the floor where he sat ass down next to the mop and bucket.

"i'm being serious fetcher aims, you're a fucking asshat right now, that's what you're being." i sighed, running my hands through my hair, pulling out my face shaping bangs from my half up and the rest down hair-do.

"i didn't mean to do it." he replied, suddenly switching moods.

it took about fifteen minutes of a lecture to get it through his thick skull that even if were doing someone illegal, we can't have people knowing.

alcohol wasn't all that fun once you think about what it really does to someone.

i mean look at my dad. he's helpless, because everytime he picks up that bottle there's never a moment when he puts it down.

it's an addiction. the subtle simple need to lose yourself because there's something inside of you that won't ever find it.

the gnawing and longing desire to forget your life because of the easy feeling that it feels so damn good to not remember.

alcohol destroyed my father. i hope for archies sake that one day people will realize what it can really do to you when you abuse it.

i hope for archies sake that he knew.

"god, just shut up and go home please. you can't be hangin around here when you're like this." i sighed, kicking his leg with the bottom of my foot.

"you're reflexes are literally shit, aims."
i added in frustration, putting down my hand to pull him up.

after grabbing it, leaving the closet, and shoving him out the back doors of the school, i headed late towards my second period geography history class.