𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

after taking steph to the shops downtown, we picked out a dress similar to mine, and started heading our way back towards my house.

stephs never met the gang before, only steve. i told her about the boys, and other than getting way to nervous like one day she'd marry one of them, she said she'd die to meet them.

if only a seven year old would know what its like to die.

my mom did the same amount of damage that she would have done if she were to ever die.

she left. and that simple act of leaving made had apart of me go with her. i guess the safest part is that i never knew where i went, because when people leave, they don't tell you where.

i didn't grow up with a mother, because when i was six years old she died. she's dead to me, and no one in your life should ever feel dead.

as i kicked open the front door of the curtis house, holding steps hand, carying her shopping bag around my wrist, i looked around the see the gang scattered across the house like pigs.

steve and soda came back from work early, so the problem of them getting into stupid ass fights about cheese puffs was basically taken off of pause for the time being.

two-bit and darry we're watching the news, while johnny and pony did homework at the table in the kitchen. they were throwing wrinkled up paper at each other, like one of them would magically turn into a trash can to actually catch the thing they somehow found interest in chucking at each other.

"hey asshats i got a suprise for y'all." i shouted, as steph held onto the side of my leg, begging for me to pick her up.

it took a moment for everyone to swivel their heads around to face me, and when they did looks of mortally confused boys were left to greet me.

"munchkin!" steve smiled, running up to me from where he was leaned up against the kitchen counter.

"my favorite baby girl." he smiled, grabbing her from my arms and propping steph up on his face.

"you gave birth when we weren't watching." two-bit dramatically gasped, as steve walked back into the kitchen with stehpie.

"fuck," i sighed in the same tone, rolling my eyes with effect.

"you caught me." i finished, shaking my head.

"who's kid?" soda asked, as steve put her in his arms, looking down to the face i couldn't ever take my eyes off of.

"she babysits marco evans kid." steve said for me, chucking a cheese puff in my direction, in which i caught.

kids make him happy. but this kid never did.

i was that kid.

"no way." pony said confused, wide eyed taking a sip from his soda on the kitchen table.

"yeah, i still don't have a clue." i laughed, throwing myself on the couch next to darry, giving me a "well done" high five.

"i'm hungry ollie bear!" steph shouted, frowning, while wrapping her arms tightly around sodas neck.

"whatcha hungry for babe." steve asked, moving her bangs from her eyes, as soda propped her up on his hip.

"i want some frenchie fries." she said, licking her lips a the thought of them.

steph was a weird kid. she showed me what it's like to be a kid, because sometimes i forget that a part of me still is one.

it feels like when i was six years old, i wasn't a kid anymore. i lost the person who raised me. i wasn't little olive anymore, i was who i am today, and that kid grew up to fast.