21: Loving You

- PENELOPE E. MARTINELLI -

"Shoot him!" I shouted.

She was scared, obviously, but right now, I personally couldn't give a damn. In these type of situations you've got to do what you got to do in order to survive, even if that means you have to take a life.

I couldn't stand here any longer, waiting for this fucker to get up and take advantage of the situation. It was like asking for a death wish and so I yanked the gun from out of her hand and made it easier for her.

I fired three shots at him.

"At least now he's dead and if by any chance he lives, which are slim to none, he won't have a dick." I said, almost sounding like a whisper.

"Let's go find the guys, follow me." I ordered, taking her hand and running towards a few SUVS parked nearby. Recognizing they were ours, I happened to spot Nathan standing nearby.

When we found Nathan, he ran up to me, giving me a tight hug.

"Ok, let me go. My ribs hurt." I winced.

"Sorry." Nathan kept repeating.

"Let's just go home." I sighed while Nathan simply nodded before sending a message through his earpiece, telling everyone we had been found.

"We still have to find Keller." Nathan said.

I grinned. "He's been taken care of."

"How?"

"May or may have not shot him in the head, heart, and dick." I innocently retorted, avoiding eye contact with him.

Laughing, he said, "You really are my baby sister."

"In the flesh, bitch."

"Wait, before we go anywhere else can you get Dr, Conwell to come and check up on Cat and I." I added.

"I'll give her a call."

Glancing over Catalina's figure, who had fallen asleep in the car the second we entered, I thought about our ending because let's be honest, would she really stay with us after all of this?

This world wasn't meant for the sweetest of souls for a reason.

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Waking up, I noticed I was in my bedroom and not in that filthy room from before. However, one look and I noticed that my arms were carefully bandaged and connected to a few IV tubes.

Just as I was beginning to wake up, I heard someone walk in.

Wait a minute.

Isn't that?

"Rebecca?" I asked, baffled she was here in the first place.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She sheepishly inquired, looking down at the floor while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Why didn't you tell me you worked for the Martinelli's?"