thirty eight

Eijirou watched as Katsuki slowly trudged back to the main pack grounds, clutching his neck and coughing every once in a while.

He had previously watched as Katsuki suddenly ran away, sniffing the air and running in the direction of the scent he caught. He would've ran after him, but he was still struggling to walk more than a hundred steps without falling to the ground and panting heavily in exhaustion.

Katsuki didn't even spare a glance at him before he opened the door of his house and walked in, slamming it behind him.

Eijirou didn't have any other option except to go back to Denki's house.

Nowadays, his life was pretty boring. He wasn't allowed to return back to school yet, so he was stuck doing homework all day in Denki's house. He couldn't go downstairs without feeling single as hell because Denki was so bubbly around his mate.

He knew he had a mate, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to set foot into the pack and actually live there for a long time. The werewolf community had strict guidelines that humans had to follow and exceptions were made for special ones.

He wasn't stupid.

He knew that he wasn't himself. He knew that he wasn't as normal as he thought he was. There was something wrong with him, and it was the fact that he had amnesia.

What caused it?

Eijirou had no clue.

The only thing he knew was that it was a consequence of his previous actions.

"What the fuck did I do to get myself in this mess?" He cursed as he clutched his head in his hand.

It wasn't just him either.

Katsuki wasn't exactly a normal werewolf. He was an Alpha, yet he didn't have a Luna. His parents weren't in a rush to find his mate either. Actually, it was as if they didn't care if he had a Luna or not. The entire pack was nonchalant about the issue and Eijirou found it a bit unnerving.

There was something the pack was hiding, yet he didn't know what. It was also likely that Katsuki didn't know the full story either.

He needed a chance to get closer with Katsuki and possibly gather more information. Katsuki wasn't an easy one to crack, and it would take time.

But how much time could he waste?

Katsuki was prone to outbursts and relapsing into his old drinking habits.

Eijirou was afraid of pushing Katsuki too far and causing another one.

Eijirou sighed.

"I can think about this another time," he told himself as he turned to see the stack of papers on the counter in his room, "I can't do anything unless I finish that first."

Four extremely slow hours passed and Eijirou breathed a sigh of relief.

"Finally!" He shouted and Denki burst into the room in a state of panic.

"What happened?! Is there something wrong?! Katsuki will kill me if something happens to you! Shit!"

Eijirou stared at him with a confused expression. "I just finished my homework after four hours. What did you think happened?"

Denki blushed in embarrassment. "Nothing, I'll take my leave now."

By the time Denki was out of sight, Eijirou still hadn't recovered from his panicked outburst.

Shrugging, he grabbed the jacket he hung on his chair the night before and put it on. He walked down the stairs and slipped on his shoes, tying the laces.