eight

Everything was all the same. Eijirou would go to school, hang out with Katsuki and go back home at the end of the day. Sometimes Katsuki would visit him in his wolf form when he finished all his homework early.

Eijirou was bored. Although Katsuki was his mate, he knew that he wasn't the ideal type. His looks made girls and guys go crazy and his body was perfect. He had a soothing voice and red eyes that could make your knees collapse just from a stare.

Despite all this, Katsuki wasn't good with his words. He was good at explaining questions that Eijirou couldn't understand, but that was it. He sucked at expressing his feelings and putting them into words. He didn't bother taking action in their relationship either.

Sometimes Eijirou wondered if he even was his mate or not. He didn't even know if Katsuki liked him or not. He didn't want to annoy Katsuki with his own stupid thoughts either, so he decided that it would be best to keep it in.

He saw other people progressing with their relationships so fast. It made him slightly jealous because Katsuki was the opposite of romantic and would never do something like that. Although he didn't like certain things about Katsuki, the good in him outweighed the bad.

He felt as if his feelings were at war with each other. A part of him understood that Katsuki wasn't good at communicating and needed time to adjust, but the other part of him felt extremely lonely from the lack of attention he was recieving. Whenever Katsuki was in trouble, he would be the first person to ask him if he was alright. The thought it was a bit unfair that Katsuki wasn't doing the same to him as well.

It drove him to the point where his grades where starting to drop drastically from being distracted by Katsuki. Even his mother was offering to stop hanging out with Katsuki for a while for the sake of his dropping grades.

Meanwhile, Katsuki thought of ways he could talk to Eijioru without seeming rude. He knew that he was being distant and uninterested around Eijirou, but that was because he didn't know how to talk to him. When Deku transfered to his school, it made the situation much worse.

Now he has to repeatedly tell Deku that he had no interest in his mate whatsoever and figure out how to communicate with his mate at the same time. He was never good at being social with others, since he was considered as a bully by other kids ever since he started preschool.

A good example is how he treated Deku when they were younger. Their packs had formed an alliance and he ruined it by breaking and stealing a few of his toys when he was younger. Not to mention that he called him by the nickname 'Deku' due to Izuku looking on the skinnier side when he was younger. It broke the alliance when Deku's dad found out and destroyed the contract.

His parents were also pretty disappointed with him. They were expecting to be on good terms with the other pack but that was ruined due to Katsuki's behaviour. Despite not seeing Izuku for years, the nickname he gave him stuck with him. He couldn't bring himself to call him by his real name like everyone else did.

Perhaps he felt guilty for treating him so badly when he was younger. Or he just wanted to be friends with him but had no clue how to say it to him. Or maybe they just had that type of connection with each other. Katsuki secretly hoped that it wasn't any of those and that he was just being stupid back then.

As for his situation with Eijirou, he held more guilt from the situation and his mind made sure he knew it. He could see the glint of disappointment and hurt in his eyes whenever he refused Eijirou or didn't pay attention to him.

He could tell that he was hurting him, but he had no clue how to stop it. He was treating his mate like an outsider, something that his pack elder would get angry at if he found out. The only way he could think of solving it was to talk to Eijirou about it, and that was exactly what he was going to do.

The next day, Katsuki passed Eijirou a note in class while the teacher wasn't looking. He knew that the note made Eijirou slightly worried, but he knew that he would sort it out later.

He could tell that Eijirou was trying to avoid him the entire day. It hurt him. It really did. He knew that he deserved it from the way that he took Eijirou for granted up until now, but it still really hurt. Maybe that was the way the Moon Goddess would tell him to start opening up to Eijirou and start treating him like his mate and not like some outsider.

At lunch, Katsuki waited for Eijirou on the rooftop. He had no clue if Eijioru would even decide to come, but he waited just in case. He would use the entire lunch hour to wait for Eijirou to come if he had to.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of footsteps behind him. The same sweet scent filled his nose as he inhaled it in. He felt Eijirou tapping him on the shoulder and he turned around. He saw that Eijirou was avoiding eye contact with him which made his heart ache.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about? If you're not going to say anything then I'll get going." Eijirou spoke, trying not to break down in front of Katsuki. He knew that Katsuki had more important things on his mind, and he wasn't one of them. The fact that Eijirou wanted to leave so badly angered Katsuki.

Katsuki took a step forward. With each step forward he took, Eijirou took a step backward. He didn't like how Eijirou looked at him with fear in his eyes. He didn't like how Eijirou was acting strangely for the entire day either. Eijirou eventually walked until his back hit the wall. Katsuki wasted no time and pinned him on both sides, preventing him from escaping.

"Don't avoid eye contact. Look at me. Don't make me repeat myself." Katsuki growled, using his alpha tone on Eijirou. When Eijirou didn't listen to him, he yanked on Eijirou's tie to make Eijirou look at him.

He didn't realize how close their lips were until he saw that Eijirou was blushing extremely hard. He decided to go on the offensive and kiss him. He didn't know how else he could express his feelings for Eijirou. He felt Eijirou squirm and kissed him harder to make him stop.

"I like you, Eijirou. Don't ever avoid me again. You're my mate and only mine, nothing will ever change that. I know I'm a cold asshole, but please try putting up with me. I'll do my best as your mate as well." Katsuki communicated with Eijirou through his mind link. He broke the kiss due to the lack of air.

He stared at Eijirou and Eijirou stared back at him. They didn't need words to know that the problem they had between them was fixed. He didn't tell Eijirou but, he liked how defenseless and vulnerable Eijirou looked when he pinned him against the wall. He knew that Eijirou would kill him if he said that out loud, of course, so he kept it to himself.

The rest of the day went smoothly. Eijirou stopped avoiding Katsuki and seemed a lot happier than he was that morning. Katsuki was also a lot more relaxed around Eijirou and started to open up to him. It wasn't much progress, but they had to start from somewhere, right?