thirty three

The next morning, Eijirou groggily got out of bed at 6 AM in the morning. He had exactly an hour to get ready for school.

It was a beautiful Friday morning. The sun hadn't even come up yet, and Eijirou was a bit relieved that it hadn't. He took the best pictures when he got to see the sun rise.

He skipped breakfast for the first time in months in an effort to avoid any contact with his father. He took some spare change his mother had and counted them, deciding to use them for his lunch.

Eijirou changed himself as quickly as he could and stuffed his homework from the previous night in his backpack. He grabbed his camera and hung it around his neck in case he saw something he wanted to take a picture of.

He probably stopped at least three times to take a few pictures of the view before continuing his walk to school.

He didn't have the time to walk Shiro, so he'll just walk him for extra long at night. If he had the chance to.

Eijirou arrived at his about half an hour after he left. He spent the remaining time he had trying to find spots in school grounds that looked good enough to take a picture of.

More students started arriving and a few of him spotted him while he was trying to take pictures. He waved to a few people he recognized who belonged to his club.

Izuku arrived minutes before the bell rang and they managed to snap a few pictures togther before they were forced to go to class.

As years passed, Eijirou became more and more thankful of Izuku. He was the only one who fully knew what he was going through and stayed with him since the beginning. Denki too, but he arrived much later.

They created the photography club as a coping mechanism. It distracted them from the pain and made their mind focus on something else. Although Izuku didn't really need it anymore, he still stayed with the club.

Denki was in the art club with Katsuki. He wasn't good at art, but Eijirou would often see the two of them in the art room practicing together. Most of it was just Katsuki yelling at Denki.

He thought about how different his life was since he transferred to his current high school. It didn't feel much different, but he became more mature in the process.

During class, he tried to focus on the lesson but he found his mind wandering into other places. Specifically, what would happen to him later that night when he was forced to eat dinner with his father for the first time in possibly five years.

He was snapped back to reality when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He turned his head to see Katsuki pointing at Yukina-sensei glaring at him.

"Sorry," he mumbled quietly, letting her continue on with her lesson.

Time passed quickly and before he knew it, the last bell of the day rang.

He sighed in relief and nervousness as Denki snuck up on him from behind. Denki wrapped his arm around his shoulder and laughed as Eijirou yelped.

"Wanna hang out today? I kind of want to play Animal Crossing."

Eijirou desperately wanted to go, but he knew that he couldn't. He shook his head sadly.

"I have to go home early today. I have dinner with my father. I have no clue what he wants to talk about but I'd rather not miss it and get yelled at."

The two of them groaned in disappointment.

"Whatever, I'll just walk home with you then," Denki huffed.

"Hey, just know that you're not the only one who is disappointed."

They joked about many things as they walked home together until Eijirou saw that they were getting closer to his house. He tried to stop himself from laughing, but he couldn't.