thirteen

It's safe to say that Katsuki was starting to get interested in Eijirou. Even though he already knew that he belonged to Ochako, he couldn't help but feel a connection between him and Eijirou. He noticed how Eijirou was a lot colder to him compared to the others, but that's what intrigued him more.

Eijirou also said something about having a werewolf mate. Most humans didn't have a mate in general, which meant that he was one of the rare few that did. It's said that the bond between a werewolf and human is stronger than the average bond. Katsuki was starting to wonder how their bond broke.

He was sitting with him everyday, ignoring the glares that Eijirou sent towards him. It bothered him how Eijirou even knew that he was going to be the alpha of his pack in just a few years. Just how much did Eijirou's mate tell him about how werewolves lived?

He noticed that his future beta, Denki was actually pretty close to Eijirou. For some reason, he didn't like how close they were, even if it was simply just a friendship. He wasn't even this possesive with Ochako, so it was weird how he felt this way about Eijirou.

It wasn't his place to say that he was jealous, especially when Eijirou already mentioned that he had a mate, even if the mate is broken. Katsuki knew that completely breaking a bond between a werewolf and human was nearly impossible, so it was likely that they'd get back together again. For some reason, even thinking about Eijirou with someone else greatly unsettled him.

Ochako was already his mate, so why would he have feelings for Eijirou? His connection with Eijirou is already stronger than his connection with Ochako, and he isn't even his mate. It didn't make sense to him. He barely even knew Eijirou too. It was strange, but he shook it off.

As the days passed, he continued to talk to Eijirou only to be responded with short replies. He noticed that he got glares from Pinky and Plain boy, but he didn't really pay attention to them. He didn't really pay attention to Denki, but that day he noticed something about Denki.

Denki seemed to be sending him looks of pity. He didn't know why, but it enraged him. It was as if his own beta was looking down on him, the alpha. Another thing he noticed was how Denki would glare at Ochako whenever she got close to their table to check up on him. Actually, Eijirou glared at her too. He had no clue why they sent her dirty looks, but it bothered him a lot.

After school, Katsuki pulled Denki aside and led him to the rooftop to talk. He shoved him against the wall and grabbed his tie as a way to show him who was dominant. Denki showed no signs of struggle and simply let Katsuki have his way with him. Katsuki gave him a menacing look and started talking.

"Why do you give me looks of pity? Do you think I'm weaker than you? Why do you and Eijirou send glares towards Ochako whenever she goes near you? What has she ever done to you?" Katsuki asked angrily, holding back the urge to tighten his grip on Denki's neck.

"It's not looks of pity, it's more like looks of shame and disappointment. You looked so much happier when you were with your actual mate. The relationship looked more natural and less forced." Denki explained calmly, causing Katsuki to grip his neck harder. "Are you insulting my relationship with Ochako?"

"In a way, yes. You have no idea what kind of corrupted shit she did to you and your mate just to get you into her hands. The result? Your real mate is putting on a cheerful persona. All of the moments you had with your real mate went down the drain just because of Ochako. I don't have any hatred towards you, but I have a lot against Ochako if she went as far as to reject her actual mate because she was in love with you. Your relationship with her is fake and it'll always remain fake." Denki spat, suddenly shoving Katsuki, catching him off guard.

Katsuki wasted no time and transformed into his wolf, ripping his uniform. Denki also transformed and started to circle Katsuki as if getting ready to battle. The two of them took gentle, wary steps in case the other decided to attack. Neither of them were going to back down.

Before they could actually attack each other, Eijirou discovered the two of them on the rooftop. "What do you two think you're doing? You're not allowed to fight on the rooftop. Actually, you're not allowed to fight in general, so stop it." Eijirou demanded, making the two of them flinch from getting startled.

Eijirou glared at the two of them, making them both whimper. He started taking turns scolding the two of them. "Katsuki, I don't care if you're an alpha because that doesn't give you the right to cause problems at this school. You're here to learn and make friends, not cause drama." He scolded, making Katsuki whimper louder.

"And Denki, don't let him provoke you just because of some stupid reason. What happens between him and I isn't your business, so you don't have to worry about it. The Moon Goddess will punish Ochako herself, so just let her do her work." Eijirou informed, making Denki bark happily.

He led them down the stairs and out of the school. Since he lived near the pack, he walked home with them. It was quite a sight actually. Two large, mature wolves walking with a high school student down the street. Eijirou couldn't even count the amount of people that stared at him.

As soon as they got onto pack grounds, Eijirou left to prevent the current alpha to see him. He didn't want to stay there any longer in case he had to see Ochako giving Katsuki the affection that he couldn't. He couldn't let Katsuki ever know about their past relationship. Even if the Moon Goddess want them together, it didn't seem like it was going to happen.

That night, Katsuki took a long shower just to think about what Denki said. He didn't understand what he meant by saying that his relationship with Ochako was fake. Did Ochako use the forbidden drug on him to steal him from his true mate? If she did, who is his true mate?

He plopped onto his bed and sighed. He tried falling asleep, but ended up getting nightmares. In the nightmare, he saw bits and pieces of Eijirou's memory. He saw how broken Eijirou was when he lost his mate. He saw how he cried himself to sleep for the next 3 weeks after that. He saw everything, and he felt guilty about it.

The last thing he remembered in his nightmare was a figure of a woman, her back turned towards him. The tone she spoke in was enough to send shivers down your spine. "Look at how your true mate suffered. Don't you feel guilty, Katsuki? While you're having the time of your life with Ochako, your mate is crying himself to sleep. Do you even feel slightly empathetic about the pain you caused?"

He jolted awake in the middle of the night, sweating cold. He tried thinking about what he dreamt, but all he remembered was what the woman said to him. He didn't remember anything else. For some reason, he felt guilty because he didn't remember anything. He tried to imagine what his true mate would look like, but it was blank. In that moment, he knew how it felt to feel lost and confused about his own life.