thirty seven

Katsuki immediately ran down the stairs, knowing what he would be greeted with. He fully accepted it because he knew he fucked up. He deserved it.

Slap!

Katsuki's face stung, but he didn't protest.

Slap!

He didn't care how many times his mother slapped him. He had it coming for him when he drank that night.

Katsuki could see the people around him watching as his mother slapped him.

His father sat in his chair, sipping a cup of coffee. Denki stood beside the doorway with his arms crossed. Eijirou was standing right behind him, seeing everything.

"How could you be such an idiot?!" She screamed hysterically, tears running down her face as she slapped Katsuki again, weaker this time.

"I'm sorry," he said in an almost inaudible voice.

The entire time, his wolf was nowhere to be found. Either it was a side effect of the wolfsbane, or he just didn't want to reveal himself.

As his mother went for another slap, he shut his eyes and anticipated another wave of stinging pain on his cheek, only for it to never come. He hesitantly opened his eyes to see Eijirou gripping onto his mother's wrist.

"I think that's enough for the day."

His mother instantly backed away once Eijirou stepped in, not even questioning him once. It made him wonder if his mother had known Eijirou from somewhere before.

His father had finished up his cup of coffee and put it in the sink. Clearing his throat, he made an announcement. "We're going to be interrogating the rogue for some information today," he turned to Eijirou. "If you want to come as well, you can. We're talking about your father, after all."

Denki walked to the kitchen handed Katsuki two ice packs for his sore cheeks and they left shortly afterwards.

Katsuki set off with Denki, Eijirou and his father. While they walked into the packhouse, Katsuki could sense Eijirou's nervousness. It seemed to increase with every step they took.

By the time they were right in front of the cell, the scent of the nervousness pouring out of Eijirou's pores were suffocating everyone slowly. The rogue couldn't smell it, but everyone else could.

"Oh, look who's back. Wasn't your little tantrum from yesterday enough, or are you here for more?" He mocked, making Katsuki fume.

His father grabbed his keychain and opened the door to his cell as the guards dragged him out. If they wanted, they could easily kill him.

"Bring the tray," Katsuki commanded and a guard went to fetch a tray full of needles, all filled with wolfsbane and silver.

Denki whipped out a pocket knife that he always carried, prepared to torture the rogue if needed.

"We are a merciful, peaceful pack and would appreciate your cooperation. If you hand over the information we need, your life will be spared," Masaru started, making Eijirou's father cackle.

"Merciful my ass! The only reason why I'm a rogue is because you destroyed my pack!"

"For your information, your pack was the one who attacked first," Denki interrupted, making Katsuki nudge him in the stomach to shut him up.

"I'm going to ask you a few questions," Masaru said, ignoring his previous remarks. "First of all, where are your headquarters?"

"You're an absolute idiot if you think I'm going to tell you that," he spat, earning a cut from Denki, who slashed up his shoulder. He screamed out in agony. Katsuki covered Eijirou's eyes.