eighteen

Eijirou slowly stirred awake, feeling a pounding ache in his head accompanied with a dry throat. He couldn't talk. All he could do was open his eyes and hope that someone would come. He slowly turned his head to see Katsuki sleeping beside him. He looked horrible. He had dark bags under his eyes and his hair was dishevelled.

Despite all that, he looked amazing in Eijirou's eyes. If you put aside the fact that Katsuki looked like he got hit by a truck filled with homework, he looked stunning. Maybe it was just because Eijirou was whipped for Katsuki in every way possible, but he'd think Katsuki looks good in any situation. The more he looked at Katsuki, the more he wondered why he looked so dishevelled.

Katsuki awakened slowly, rubbing his eyes. After he finished rubbing his eyes, he opened them slowly and was met with a pair of ruby red eyes staring back at him. After processing the fact that Eijirou was awake, he let out a small smile. "It's been four days since you were sent to the hospital. I'm just glad you're awake." Katsuki said.

Eijirou was a bit disturbed at how sweet Katsuki was acting towards him, especially since Katsuki didn't have any memories of them. "What's up with you acting so sweet?" He laughed lightly, momentarily forgetting the pain from his pounding headache. His voice was raspy. "Anything for my m— "Katsuki, I brought your homework!" Denki bursted in suddenly.

The red-haired boy silently snickered at the sight of Katsuki glaring at Denki. "Was I interrupting something...?" Denki trailed off, causing Katsuki to glare at him even harder. "You sure did, Captain Obvious." The blonde-haired boy replied. He mentally facepalmed at himself for asking such an obvious question.

Denki walked up to the counter beside Eijirou and placed all of Katsuki's work there. "I'll place those here and leave." He walked towards the door, but not before teasing the two of them a bit. "Don't be too loud in there!" He speed-walked as fast as he could so that Katsuki couldn't catch up to him. He smirked to himself, chuckling at the joke he made.

Katsuki heaved a sigh and looked at Eijirou, who had an eyebrow raised. "So he's been dropping off all your homework here for the past four days?" Eijirou asked. When Katsuki nodded, he raised his eyebrow even higher. "Doesn't that mean you've stayed here for the past four days?" Eijirou was starting to feel a bit curious of what Katsuki did during the four days that he was unconscious.

"Uh, yeah..." He muttered, scratching the back of his head. "That's a bad decision on your part. You shouldn't skip school." Eijirou lectured. Katsuki wanted to roll his eyes, but he didn't want to seem rude. "Denki gives me all the work I need to complete and explains everything to me. If he doesn't understand then Yukina does."

"Listen closely, Katsuki. Go to school tomorrow. You can visit me after school if you really want to see me that badly. I really don't see why you'd skip school for such a petty reason." Eijirou lectured again. He knew he probably sounded like a mom, but it was true. Katsuki really didn't need to skip school for him.

"You're my mate, I'd rather stay here and see that you're alright rather than go to school and worry about about you the entire time." Katsuki said casually, making Eijirou widen his eyes. "Where did you— "Someone told me everything. There's no point in hiding it anymore." Katsuki explained, making Eijirou narrow his eyes at him.

A part of him wanted to just admit it and run into Katsuki's arms. The other part of him just wanted to move on from Katsuki and let the two of them find someone else. He wasn't sure what to do. "I'm not your mate." He blurted out, causing Katsuki to narrow his eyes at him. He mentally facepalmed at himself.

Katsuki grabbed his homework and left, not even sparing a second glance at Eijirou. He was pissed at both Eijirou and Denki. He didn't know who was lying and who was telling the truth. He quickly dialed Denki's number on his phone. "Hello?" Denki sleepily answered. It sounded as if he took a nap or something.

"Did you fucking lie when you told me Eijirou was my mate?" Katsuki asked into the phone. He heard Denki yawn from the other side. "No, I didn't. It's up to you whether you want to believe me or not though. What's wrong?" Katsuki could tell that Denki wasn't even genuinely concerned. He could tell because Denki still sounded like he was half asleep. "Eijirou said he isn't my mate."

Denki yawned again before replying. "Well, it be like that sometimes." Katsuki rolled his eyes while he waited for the light to turn green. "The fuck is that supposed to mean?" He hissed. Denki shrugged and then remembered that he was talking to Katsuki through call. "I don't know, man. It's just the latest slang, I guess."

"Aren't you supposed to be my beta? Why are you nothing like an actual beta?" Katsuki asked, making Denki shrug again. "Well, I'm not your beta yet. Might as well enjoy my last few years without much responsibility. You're not even the alpha yet, so I can still talk informally to you." Denki heard Katsuki scoff from the other end of the phone.

"Inform my parents about my return home. You can knock yourself out after." Katsuki ordered, making Denki cheer and hang up without saying goodbye. For a moment, he wondered if Denki found his mate yet. Then he realized that he never saw Denki being particularly close to anyone, not even Eijirou. That means that he also didn't find his mate yet.

Katsuki internally told himself to stop being immature and act like an alpha. He couldn't be a good alpha if he didn't even have a mate to rule with him. Of course, he could always look over the pack alone, but it would be dysfunctional. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize that he already made it home.

He walked inside and was welcomed with a hug from his mother and the familiar scent of his mother's cooking. He didn't realize how good her cooking skills were until he had to eat hospital food for four days straight. He made a mental note to tell himself to never stay there for that long ever again. After he finished eating, he put the dishes in the sink and walked upstairs to take a shower and put on fresh clothes.

After he finished his shower and changed, he plopped onto his bed. He wanted to sleep, but he remembered that he still had homework to do. Distracting himself with music, he managed to work through everything within an hour. After he finished his work, he was both mentally and physically drained. He plopped back onto his bed and let his thoughts run loose.

Who was really telling the truth? Could he trust Denki? Was it Eijirou who lied? Those were the kind of questions that popped up in his head. He thought he knew everything about himself, but he just realized that he actually knows nothing. He knows that Ochako drugged him, which made him forget everything about his actual mate. He wanted those memories back. He just doesn't know how to get them back. Before he fell asleep, one last question popped up in his head.

"Is Eijirou my mate or not?"