eleven

After Ochako rejected him, Izuku's life basically fell apart. His grades dropped a bit and he clearly wasn't taking care of himself properly. He had dark bags under his eyes. The shine in his eyes was gone and was replaced with a dull look.

Eijirou knew that he shouldn't worry about him because it wasn't his business, but that didn't stop him from worrying. He knew that Ochako was up to no good, he just didn't know what she was planning. If he knew, he would have an idea of how to stop her from hurting any more people.

Just what did she want to gain from using Izuku like this? Eijirou couldn't wrap his head around it. Izuku looked so happy when he found her. He felt bad that he was fated to have such a horrible mate. If it was possible to change mates, Eijirou would help him find a new one in a heartbeat. Too bad that it isn't possible.

Something about Ochako greatly unsettled Eijirou. Maybe it was because she was so clingy around Katsuki. Or maybe it was her sickly sweet personality when she tried playing innocent. Whatever it was, Eijirou knew that he didn't like it. She was cruel and sinister. Letting her have her way would be like letting a monster cause chaos all over the city. He couldn't watch her do this.

That fateful day would change his life. It seemed like any other ordinary day, but it wasn't. It was the day that he'd get ripped apart from the inside. He wouldn't know it, of course, but it would happen to him.

That day, Eijirou and Katsuki walked home just like any other day. Once they reached the forest, they were joined by Ochako who started clinging onto Katsuki again. She kept offering Katsuki this drink that she was holding. Eijirou knew that it was his favourite, but he didn't seem willing to take it. Eventually, he did once he got deeper into the foresf and was sick of her nagging.

"Fine! I'll drink the fucking drink you bought! Just shut the fuck up and leave after I drink a sip!" Katsuki yelled in frustration, angrily taking a big sip from the drink. Instantly, Eijirou knew that something wasn't right. It was confirmed once he saw Ochako's psychopathic smile.

He saw Ochako place a kiss on Katsuki's lips. Instantly, he fell onto his knees. He couldn't breathe. It was as if all the air in his lungs was taken out of him. Somehow, Izuku was not too far away and rushed to his side.

Eijirou choked on air as he watched Katsuki's eyes turn dull. He knew exactly what was happening, and it tore him apart. Ochako put the drug in the drink. She planned all of this all along. She was using Izuku for this exact purpose.

Everything hurt. There wasn't one place in his body that wasn't screaming in pain. He let out a muffled scream. He could barely even move from the pain. He looked up to see Katsuki looking at him in disgust. The old Katsuki would've never looked at him like that.

At that moment, he knew what happened. Katsuki wasn't his mate anymore. He was now Ochako's mate. If only he had stopped Katsuki from taking a sip from her drink. If only he knew that this would happen.

"Oh, you poor little boy. Are you sad that I took away your mate? Sad that you couldn't stop him from taking a sip from the drugged drink? Well, now he's MINE. You're never getting him back again. Just continue your life without a mate. You'll never see him by your side again." Ochako sneered, grabbing Katsuki by his tie and pulling him into another kiss.

The very sight of Katsuki kissing her was enough to tear him apart. He loved Katsuki more than he could imagine. He regretted not telling him sooner. If he knew this would happen, he would've treasured him so much more. He regretted everything he's ever done to made Katsuki sad or angry. He would do anything to have Katsuki back.

Why didn't he realize he was in love with Katsuki until he was gone? How could he be so stupid? Now, he had nothing. Once upon a time, he had everything he could've possibly wanted with Katsuki by his side. Now that Katsuki was gone, he had nothing. Nothing at all.

The last thing he saw was Ochako's sneer before he blacked out. Even in his dreams, the look Katsuki gave him stayed. He couldn't escape it. He couldn't do anything to make it stop, after all, Katsuki wasn't his mate anymore. He could imagine what would happen now that Katsuki was in Ochako's hands. She would have him do what she always wanted him to do.

He woke up in a foreign place. Izuku entered the room soon after he awakened with a sad look in his eyes. They both had their mates taken away from them. Katsuki had no choice but to be ripped away from Eijirou. He never wanted it to happen, but it did.

Eijirou felt the empty feeling inside his heart. So this is how it felt to have no mate, huh? He hated the feeling of not having Katsuki complete his second half. He felt so broken and vulnerable. What was the point of living if Katsuki wasn't there to be by his side?

There was no point in living. Still, he couldn't commit suicide. He thought about how broken his mother would be if he did. He couldn't be selfish and just die because Katsuki was gone. He had to tough it out. He was a man, wasn't he? He should be able to take it.

He took a few days off from school just to let his wounds in his heart heal. He couldn't watch Katsuki date Ochako at school just yet. He couldn't take it. He was too broken to be able to. He had to wait until he was a bit more fixed. That way, he can easily fake his smile.

Everyday after that, he ignored Katsuki as much as he could. He felt like having a meltdown everytime he looked at Katsuki. He couldn't do that at school. He had to keep it in. In order to do that, he had to numb himself. Not feel anything. That was the key to helping him heal.

Talking to his friends always helped him feel slightly better. It helped him by distracting him from the pain. He would always go back to the same thought after they left, though. He tried his best to keep himself together, although it didn't always work the way he wanted it to. He still tried his hardest to not let it show. Never. He had to hide it to not worry others.

He still missed Katsuki though. He used to walk home everyday with Katsuki, now he walked alone. Now, Katsuki was walking home to Ochako. Ochako is probably more loved by his parents too. After all, she was a werewolf and he wasn't. It was a much better fit. But he still missed him so much. Every night, he whispered the same thing to himself.

"I miss you so much, Katsuki."