Family Conflicts...

Start from the beginning

"Come on! Are you together? Answer with a 'yes' or a 'no'!" Jeremy yells indignant and I laugh with Diana nodding.

We are lucky Ellie is not here or else she would have killed us already for keeping them waiting for only some seconds!

"YES!" he screams with Violet sighing relieved and Aiden smirking.

"It was about time..." Gideon states smiling and stands up as my dad is mimicking him and they start walking to us together.

I can't describe to you how relieved they look, they are so much younger suddenly and I can't stop myself from shaking from pride. These two men are my idols, my dad was always special to me and Gideon has won my heart from the moment I found out what happened! Maybe his opinion is more important, because he is Diana's father, he chose it, he loved her with all his heart, stood by her side and supported her, he saved her, he kept her safe and he is the greatest man I know! I need him to approve me, I desperately need to feel it!

I observe them walking to us and I caress Diana's back who is purring. They stop right in front of us some seconds later and the weird yet surprising thing is that Gideon is standing in front of me and my dad in front of Diana!

Huh?

"Come here sweetheart!" my dad says to Diana and opens his arms so before I even react, she is leaving me to hug him.

He is acting like a child and I understand him, he has a daughter more officially than before and she really admires him, these two have the perfect relationship!

"And you, young man..." Gideon speaks up and I snap my head to him breathless.

Can I say I want to cry right now?

He is smiling brightly, he has gotten emotional and I think my vision is getting blurred, I can listen to my own heartbeat and I can't breathe. This man has his way of hypnotizing you, paralyzing you and getting the best self out of you!

I wish I could be like him one day...

"Take great care of her and be the man I see this last month for the rest of your life!" he continues breathless and I hold back a sob as he pulls me in his arms the very next second.

"I will, thank you for everything!" I whisper as tears fall from my eyes and he taps my back.

I am acting like a small boy, but who cares?

"Don't thank me... You did almost everything on your own, you proved to be an amazing son in law... You've got me and her..." he replies right back and I get ready to answer but Landon clears his throat loudly on purpose and we all turn to him.

I freeze, my smile drops and I observe him in silence leaning forward with his eyes too dark and shady. He is rarely so silent and mysterious, when he doesn't talk you should be terrified and my father told me before the speech that Landon didn't sleep at all last night, he was interrogating the dirty dog and my heart tightens gradually.

Fuck!

"We need to talk, I know it is an important day for all of us, I don't have to tell you I am the happiest I could be for you because I love you, guys, but... This discussion can't be delayed... I am boiling here..." he states firmly and looks at me and then Diana that give me a worried gaze.

I bite my lower lip nervously and nod weakly. This is going to have a bad outcome, but it is necessary to happen, so the sooner he tells us, the better... I will try to deal with it on my own once he tells us in order to keep Diana calm in any case. This is a very sensitive thing for her and if my feeling is right, things will be more serious than we think!