xxv.

quinn

normally i'd wake up somewhat happy but not today, zion's mad at me for nothing and i'll probably have to cope with it at work which i'm not excited about but for now i hopped out of bed and changed before heading to dante's room.

he was sleeping like always so i kissed his head and walked to the bathroom, i brushed my teeth and washed my face then applied some makeup and styled my hair before heading down the stairs to let camila in.

i didn't want to talk about anything so i just grabbed my bag and waved with a smile as i walked out the door then hopped into my car and made my way to work, when i arrived reign and yasmin were stood in reception so i joined them.

"hey."

"hey, what's up with you?"

"nothing."

"you look upset, what's bothering you?"

"zion."

"what did he do?"

"yesterday i hung out with james and he got annoyed."

yasmin and reign were both shocked at the mention of james, "why did you hang out with him?" reign asked with furrowed brows, "he came to visit and wanted to spend time with dante so we went to the park together but dante was hiding from him the whole time plus i'm positive he won't visit again." i explained then sighed, "and zion's annoyed at you for hanging out with him?" yasmin questioned.

"yeah, i tried to talk to him afterwards but firstly he said he was busy so i didn't bother him, then a few hours later i texted him again asking if he could talk and he said no so i asked why and he said i can go talk to james."

"so he ruined his chance?"

"i don't know about that yet, but he's close to it."

"are you going to talk to him about it?"

"no, if he wants to talk then we'll talk but i didn't do anything wrong so i have nothing to say."

the girls nodded before i smiled and walked to the elevator then stepped inside and headed up to the top floor, my mind was wondering if zion would actually want to talk but i lowkey knew he wouldn't.

when i got to the floor and stepped out the elevator i headed into my office and began my work, i was peacefully typing my first paper up but after an hour my voicemail came on.