33 | MELANIA

Under her gaze, I shied away, a blush rising on my cheeks, as we waited side by side, hand in hand, for a person to allow us into the room.

"Come on in."

Jane pushed the doors open simultaneously, and stepped inside, before she looked back, almost to check whether I was still with her.

I could feel my heart thundering in my chest, advertising a free meal for any vampire within a close range.

A blonde appeared before me, hair curly, and red eyes that bore into my soul.

He smiled, and took my hand in his, tracing it, before flipping the palm and doing the same on the other side.

I couldn't help but scrunch my face up in confusion, and he took that as a sign to explain.

"When you were her, you were like my very own. I treated you as you were my child, and you treated me as your father."

He sighed and dropped my hand gently, before he motioned to the table behind him.

It was covered in lush foods and drinks, so much that my mouth salivated at the sight.

"Woah."

The man, chuckled at my reaction, before he pulled out a chair, encouraging me to sit down, and doing the same for Jane, who sat beside me.

This man had manners, that's for sure.

"Woah indeed."

He poured himself and Jane a large glass of what I assumed to be blood, before looking back to me, seeing me staring at him, and smirked.

"Well dig in, love."

There was no way on heaven that I was going to be able to finish this all, and the man saw as I began to struggle eating.

"You don't have to eat it all you know."

I looked at him with wide eyes. Believe me, if I could I would've but damn.

"I wasn't sure what you'd like, so I got a bit of everything."

I gulped down a glass of wine that had been put with my food, and stopped eating.

"Full?" He asked me, and as I nodded, he delicately tapped on the glass, before people began to flood in to tidy the place up.

Caught up in the tidying up, I began to tidy my stuff up, before a girl wearing a simple white and grey gown took it from me.

"Thank you."

I could see the surprise on her face, as she blinked up at me, before she smiled and nodded, turning and joining the others on their way.

In that time, I noticed that Jane and the man had stood up, and so I stood up too, not quite sure what we were doing.

"Come with me."