28 | JANE

It didn't take long for my love to fall asleep, comfortably settled in my arms, mumbling quietly and incoherently to herself, as she dreamt.

"Jane." Alec spoke, and I lifted my head to him as he wrapped his arms around me gently, before looking down at my sleeping beauty.

"She's perfect for you." He whispered, and removed his arms, laughing a little as I gave him an eyebrow raise.

"What?" He said grinning ear to ear, "Can't I show my dear sister some affection?"

It was my turn to grin, automatically retorting.

"No, but you rarely act like this."

He smiled at me, and spoke again, "I am happy, because you are happy."

I frowned, we were vampires, we weren't supposed to be happy; we were and always would be soulless creatures forced to feed on the blood of other living beings.

Alec sighed as he saw my reaction, and patted my shoulder, as we continued to our destination. Rested on top of a meadow, and surrounded by trees in every direction, a private plane waited for us, Felix, and Demetri already inside.

"Jane," Alec called to me, hesitating, as if what he was going to say next was of some great significance to me.

"You are allowed to show emotion, do not doubt that, or yourself. I am there for you, and so is she." He continued, and glanced to my love, as he said the last phrase.

Not before long, the planes door opened reached it, and Demetri, ever the comedian, poked his face out.

"Are you guys gonna come in, or are we gonna leave you here?"

I smiled, and nodded to him in thanks as he held open the door.

"Okay then." He mumbled to himself, sitting on a sofa, before nudging Felix, who snickered at the side of him.

I gently laid my sleeping beauty on one of the reclining seats, before sitting down next to her.

"Jane." She mumbled in her sleep, and I took to stroking her soft silky hair.

To be honest, I was quite surprised that she knew my name, as I hadn't properly introduced myself to her yet, but secretly I hoped that it was her past reincarnation catching up with her.

Just looking at her, made me remember how I lost her last time, and that made me more determined to keep her safe this time.

I placed my cloak over her, and placed a cushion beneath her head, then busied myself texting the Kings, before I could get lost in my own thoughts.

She looked so peaceful in her sleep, and I didn't want to disturb that.

***

After a dragging few hours or two, we arrived back on our home turf.

"Jane?" A voice called out from outside of the plane, and I knew it belonged to Aro. "Is she here?"

I bowed slightly to the three kings, who had all come together to join me, and looked to my girl that rested in my arms.

That was the answer to his question.

Marcus smiled, his eyes crinkling as his grin widened, before he patted me on the shoulder, and walked off, with no further comment.

"Is that...?" Caius had begun to ask, and immediately I looked down at my sleeping beauty, smiled, and nodded.

"Extraordinary." Aro exclaimed, though not too loudly, for Melania's sake.

"Your old chambers have been refurbished, I thought that that may be the best place to stay, to awaken some of her past memories."

The two kings left smiled gently, something that was quite rare for them all, and after I had nodded my thanks to them, I continued my mission: putting my beauty to bed.

As I wrapped an arm fully around her, and managed to balance her entire body on my waist, I used the other to twist the knob of the door, until it clicked open.

Everything was how I remembered it had been, nothing had moved, but everything had been cleaned and polished, and not a speck of dust could be seen, even with my vampire eyes.

I had placed her under the covers quite carefully, before I tucked her in.

I just wished for her to be more comfortable; this was her home now.

I planted a delicate kiss on her forehead, and moved a piece of hair that had fallen in her face, before she leaned into my hand.

I smiled but took that as I sign I needed to leave her to sleep alone.

Laid next to her, on top of the covers, I was hit by a wave of emotion I had long since suppressed.

Ever since she had died, I had been cut off from all emotions; a shell of my former self, void of all emotion, a cold heartless monster.

I had found her again, and this time I planned on never letting her go.