29 | MELANIA

"Honey, what are you doing?"

A voice drifted to my ears to where I stood over, leaning on a balcony, overlooking the forest and the gardens.

"Just looking at the pretty flowers."

I turned and behind me stood Jane, who wrapped her arms around my waist, and put her head in the crook of my neck.

"I see a pretty flower right in front of me." I smiled, but that turned to a frown as she breathed on my neck, her teeth beginning to dig in.

"Stop you're hurting me." I cried out, flailing to try and get away, but her arms tightened around me.

Vines began to crawl up the walls, and my breath started coming out in short gasps.

"But I want this flower to die."

And then the garden bursted into flames, and my neck was torn open.

***

Shooting up, I cried out, my body soaked in a cold sweat.

"Ohgodohgodohgod."

Jane was by my side in an instant, holding my body flush to hers. I tried to escape, thinking that she would hurt me like she had done in my nightmare, but she held me fast, not letting me move till I calmed down in her arms.

"Hey, hey."

She cooed at me, and she stroked my hair, like she was afraid that I would break if she touched me.

"You're okay. You're okay, you're safe now."

Still shook still from my nightmare, I trembled, and tried so desperately to forget everything, eventhough it ebbed at the back of my mind.

"You're okay."

Feeling so tired, I tried to stay awake for fear of going back to the same nightmare. I dug my finger nails into my palms, but she took my hand in hers, and whispered to me softly.

"Shhhhh. You're okay. Don't worry."

Kissing my neck tenderly, she noticed how I was drifting off, eventhough I denied it, and chuckled, as she laid me down, spooning me from behind.

"Sleep, my love. I'll be here when you awake."

***

Outside birds sung, waking me from my sleep. My mind was well rested; the nightmare lingered, but I didn't dwell on it for a second.

Light drifted through a crack in the curtains, creating a orange hue against the wall next to me.

It took a second of panic, and thoughts of being left alone in an unknown place, for reality to set in.

I shot up, but was pulled back down and into Jane's chest, as she laid beside me.

"Hey."

"Hey." Jane replied, her voice sweet like honey, that soothed me, and made me want to stay with her forever. Not that I wasn't planning on leaving her any time soon.

"Do you want me to run a bath, or would you rather me start a shower?" She asked, as she pulled away from me.

I whined a bit, and stuffed my head in the comfy cloud of a pillow, in an attempt to go back to sleep.

She laughed, and I blushed as she did.

Fuck, even her laugh was beautiful.

"Come on love, you need to get out of bed."

But I didn't want to; I just wanted to lie with her, forever.

A moment of realisation was all it took, and I rolled over onto my back, and lifted the covers, to look down at myself.

Upon seeing the same clothes I was wearing yesterday, I groaned, and closed my eyes.

"I didn't know how you would feel about me undressing you."

I opened them again, and smiled at her in thanks, before I nodded in reply to her question.

"That doesn't answer my question, love. Bath or shower?" She smirked at me, as I blushed yet again.

"A-A shower please." I stuttered, and scowled at myself, refusing to believe I'd just made a fool out of myself before the hottest person I had ever seen.

She winked, before she stood, and walked from the bed, me staring at her ass as she did.

Holy Moly.