18 | MELANIA

It wasn't long before I found myself with Bella, in a tent, up a flipping mountain, teeth chattering as we froze to death.

Edward sat in the corner, whispering to himself, not knowing what to do to comfort us. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his helpless little puppy act.

It was at that point that the tent was zipped open, and in climbed the tanned body of Jacob, cautiously followed by Embry, the puppy I had grown quite attached to.

He spied me looking at him, and smirked his eyes twinkling, but even on the verge of hypothermia, I still had quite the attitude, and sent him a playful glare. The smirk on his face only grew, at that point, though it dropped, as soon as I violently started coughing.

He rushed over to me, and held me, in the protective way a brother would.

After telling him how I felt, that is what we have become, siblings rather than lovers.

After all, it wasn't like my brain would let me forget about my dream beauty, eventhough I might never be able to see her again.

"Mel?" Embry called out, his eyes staring into my own, as my body started to calm down, welcoming the heat of my own personal radiator.

"Hmm?" I answered, my voice wavering, my teeth slightly chattering, an improvement from several minutes ago.

He sighed, before planted a kiss on my forehead.
"Get some sleep."