4 | MELANIA

As I rounded the corner, I saw a cruise ship, that floated aside the shore, the paint an odd colour, that looked similar to a that of a burnt sienna. White stripes, glowed brighter in the sunlight that shone down on it.

A scream cut me off, and immediately my head swung in that direction, and I cautiously creeped closer, not knowing whether this would be my last move.

I couldn't tell whether it was Janet, or not, but whoever it was was in danger, and I was more than willing to put my life on the line, to save them.

I shivered as I got closer, though I was already wrapped in my coat, and my scarf, and my body seemed to ache, moreso than it had, before I had left.

Perhaps it was more than just a cold?

Whatever it was, it was growing inside of me, and that wasn't a good thing.

***

As I creeped closer to where the sound had come from, I heard talking.

Whether it was some sort of gang or cult, I didn't know. All I knew, was that I didn't know anything.

My mind was clouded, and I couldn't think straight; there were so many possibilities of what was round the corner. And yet, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to know.

So I listened into their conversation.

***

"They've already drawn too much attention." A hushed voice said, but it was still clear as crystal, against the screams that tore up the night.

Another voice answered, there were in a discussion of some sort.

"So has our 'inaction'. Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness."

I imagined two young guys, around their 20's, one with a little stubble, maybe a few tattoos on his arm, and the other, tall and lean with perhaps a scruff.

"Let them." This time, it was a girl's voice. It was like velvet, soft and welcoming, but beneath it lurked danger.

My thoughts were cut off, by the sound of boots creaking, as they walked. I hoped for my life's sake, that they weren't heading in my direction, hiding myself in the shadows, just to be extra sure, or perhaps out of insecurity.

"Maybe we should consult with Aro." The first voice came again.

"Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide."
The girl's voice, sharper this time, as she defended herself, and the other's actions.

I could almost imagine the glare she was giving the first guy.

Struggling could be heard, so quiet, it was almost silent.

Also, who the frick was Aro, the cult leader?

"Then decide sister. It's time."
Another guy's voice said.

Geez, how many people were having this discussion, it was at least four already. I wouldn't have been surprised, if another person joined in the conversation as well, you know just for the fun of it.

"Yes, it is." The girl, who, by the way, sounded like an angel, said, confident, and assuring.

"Either we let them do what they were created for...
Or we end them. Decisions, decisions..."

Well, they were beginning to sound like mass murderers. I mean who says 'oh it's fine, we'll just "end them".' I mean come on, seriously.

And since when did people talk so old-fashioned?
Next thing you know they'll be talking Italian, or Latin, or some language I can't spell, nevermind pronounce.

And then it was silent.

With the tension building, I could almost feel it clouding the air like smoke from a fire.

And of course, it when then, that I had to sneeze.

Shoot.