16 | MELANIA

I didn't mean to stick around the Cullens any longer than necessary, but Alice insisted that I should stay, so I did.

She said she saw a vision of me, though she wouldn't tell me what she saw, and that's why I needed to stick with them, and not go back home.

Though, it was not that I had anything that good to go back to.

Janet was gone, and I was being replaced by another, at my job, for taking too much time off.

They had explained to me a lot about vampires, but still I didn't know who the blonde from my dreams were, which kind of upset me a bit.

As if it couldn't get any worse, the newborn army would arrive any day now, and that sent chills down my spine, and fear and doubt, of what may happen if we were not successful in demolishing them.

I planned to get through to Janet, and stop her from this, but I knew I couldn't survive on the battlefield on my own.

And that is why I had to go up the mountain, and keep Bella company.

***

Entering the clearing with Edward, and Bella, I stuck to Bella's side like glue. I felt extremely out of my comfort zone, and so out of instinct, I grasped Bella's hand in mine.

She looked down at me, since there was a few inches of height difference between us, and if feeling my anxiety smiled comfortingly at me, and squeezed my hand, making sure I knew that I wasn't alone in this.

We had become somewhat like sisters in the short time that we had spent together, and I couldn't have been grateful for someone like me, to go this with me.

Having agreed with the Cullens to help them with the newborn army, the pack were due, any moment to arrive.

"They're here." Edward spoke. As if on cue, the pack, eight giant wolves the size of horses, moved from the forest, to watch the Cullens as they practiced. They inched closer warily, even-though the treaty between them was still stood.

I suppose them being in their wolf forms, instead of their human forms, showed how cautious they were, how afraid of the Cullens they seemed to be.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms."

As the wolves stepped around the log that separated their lands, their anxiousness seemed to multiply.

Carlisle, then spoke, "They came. That's what matters."

I watched as russet brown wolf turned towards Bella. Jake, I automatically assumed.
Was assumption was proven correct, as Bella spoke, her voice breaking the awkward silence.

"Jake..."

Another wolf, one further at the back then the rest, looked at me in the eye, as he stood there. I knew, I don't know how, just by instinct, that that wolf was Embry, that I was sure of.

"Embry?"

My voice was just a whisper, yet I knew everyone who stood before me could hear it.

He nodded, and as Sam growled at the two of them, both jumped back into focus.