12 | MELANIA

Driving as fast as the speed limit allowed; I was nearly there.

The Cullen's residence

The Cullen's, Janet had explained, were vampires, good vampires that had done nothing wrong.

They were the ones that the newborn army was coming to kill, for reasons Janet did not know.

Multicoloured lights flashed around, as I parked, and the sound of multiple voices filled the air, singing and dancing.

These were the Cullens? Surely not.

In a matter of urgency, I knocked thrice on the door, hoping to whatever god there was, that this was the right thing to do, and that I hadn't messed up directions or something like that.

I was awkward when it came to socialising, so standing outside, my nerves seemed to get the best of me, so much so, that I debated going back to my car, and leaving, as if I'd never arrived.

But, I had to remind myself, this wasn't for me, this was for Janet, and the Cullens.

***

A hand belonging to a small black-haired pixie took mine, and pulled me inside, making sure to close the door behind me.

I guess there really was no turning back now.

She lead me through wreaths of intoxicated teenagers, dancing, and talking, having a good time. A good time that would be sure to end when the vampire army came, that is, unless they left soon.

We came to a stairs where she pulled me up, leading me to a room where proclein faces stared back at me.

So these were the Cullens.

A girl different from the rest, a human, like me, sat next to a 'proclein face', a Cullen, holding his hand like her life depended on it.

Beyond the Cullens, and the human girl, near the other entrance, stood three tanned dudes.

They looked like they got too much sun, unlike the Cullens who didn't get any. Whatever they were, they were more likely to be human than vampire.

I was about to speak, when a 'proclein face' that was earlier perched on the edge of his seat, stood up, and approached me.

He looked only a few years older than the rest, but his eyes showed just how old he was, sparkling with age, and with the knowledge that he had gained over the years.

They were amber, an amber that seemed to change colour in the light.

His blonde hair was swept across his head, in what can only been described as fashionable.

He held his hand out to me, as he welcomed me.

"This is my family- the Cullens. I am Carlisle, and this is my wife, adopted children."

I grasped his hand in a shake, and he proceeded to sit on the seat next to me.

My eyes glanced to the tanned boys.

Surely these were not all his adopted children?

Carlisle followed my line of vision, and saw my confused face. "Oh and they are the Pack."

"The Pack?" I repeated. "As in a pack of dogs?"

"Wolves." The leading tanned boy interrupted. "Shape-shifters."

My attention was drawn towards one of the boys behind him, and as soon as our eyes met, everyone seemed to hold their breath.

Although it was not like they needed to breathe in the first place; they were vampires after all.

"Oh, that's going to be a problem."