26 | MELANIA

Our confusion must have been written on our faces, because Alice explained further.

"The Volturi. They're the ones that are coming."

I swear I'd heard of them before, but all I could think of was those dudes with cool black cloaks.

I sighed, that is until Edward, ironically, brought me from my thoughts.

"How long?"

Alice interlaced her hands with Jasper's before looking back at Edward.

"A few minutes, maybe ten?"

There was fear in their voices, I could tell, and that made me worried.

If these "Volturi" dudes were able to cause this much fear, then either the Cullens were absolute wimps, or these other vampires had some kind of vendetta against them.

I was thinking, maybe both.

And as I looked around, I saw everyone cuddling each other, like this was the last time they were gonna see them.

Yeah definitely both.

Just seeing all the couples around me, made me realise how much I hate being single. Like I'm the only one, apart from Bree, that didn't have a partner, and that just tore me apart.

But you know what, I had to stand firm.

But maybe if I see that cute girl again, we could get together.

The way she looked at me, damn. I'd tap that.

But of course every thought that I had, had to be interrupted by the one and only
Edweirdo.

"They need some proof that they are with us." He said, holding Bella even closer than before.

Janet, Riley, Bree and I huddled like penguins before the fire that blazed on behind us, and looked to Edward, like we had no idea what he was on about.

Because we didn't.

"You know that The Volturi won't honour our spontaneous alliance, otherwise."

Ah, ok. That kinda makes sense.

Carlisle nodded, before handing his ring to Bree who gratefully put it on.

After Riley had put on his ring, given to him by Emmett, he delicately put Rosalie's necklace on Janet, and kissed her on the lips.

I looked up in confusion, didn't I need some proof of being with them too?

Edward and Alice seemed to look at each other, before they both nodded.

They were about to say something, when they all stood straight, and to attention, staring not at us, but at something that was behind us, or someone.

Alice chucked me her necklace, and because I am a terrible catch, and it caught me by surprise, the necklace fell to the floor.

Ah, shite.

Before I could pick it up, the others had already pushed us to the back of their group, which I only could guess was so  that we were protected.

I stood, and let me tell you now, my legs were absolutely killing me, but I didn't say anything, and instead held Bree's hand. The only reason that I could do that, was apparently my blood didn't affect her, which I gotta admit was kinda weird.

The Volturi came with those awesome black cloaks, and their red eyes, and then I realised.

Holy moly macaroni!
It was them!
Ahhhhhh!

Maybe I was becoming a lovesick puppy or something, but I instantly looked for her.

And as soon as she arrived, our eyes connected, and I felt drawn to her.

There she was again, my dream beauty; my saviour.

She then broke her gaze, and started to talk, which left me kinda disappointed, but then I saw her eyes, as they flickered back to me every so often, and was happy again.

"It seems we missed an entertaining fight."