chapter 24# "Darkness"

A few more says had passed..sid and sana were now sort of friends....Sid ki taraf se to pehle bhi friendship thi but sana too was now sort of nice to him...

Today She woke up earlier than usuall....she came out in the garden for a walk...unintentionally her eyes would go towards the gate...Sid used to go for a run very early in the morning and would usually come back 6 o clock ....so he should have come back by now....she stayed there walking bare footed on the cold grass...it was so satisfying after about 15 more minutes she went back to her room to take a bath....today she chose a sea green salwar suit with a pink dupata ....and when she got ready she came down to help Rita ji in the kitchen....she as usually was talking to Rita ji but today she was not replying to her as warmly as she usually did....
When the breakfast was ready she told Rita.ji she would go and call Sidhart...

"Chor de...wo nahi aye ga ajj neeche...agr use bhook lagi to apne ap ker le ga breakfast..."she told her. There was this unusual sadness in her voice.
She was surprised ...he didn't go for a run today and now rita was telling her that he won't come for breakfast..."are per kun? Nashta thanda ho jaye ga ...m bula ke late hn"

Rita ji called her from behind but she didn't listen....

She went to his room....the blinds were still shut...the lights were off...it was almost dark in the room...she looked at the clock...it was 8 in the morning...usually he would be gone out by now...what was the matter...was he not feeling well...she became a bit worried...he was lying in his bed covered in quilt...she couldn't stop herself from
going a few steps closer "Sidharth!!"she wispered....

No reply...she bit her lip...this wasn't good....she again called him...this time a little louder....
"Sid wake up...you are late...the breakfast is ready common hurry up...freshen up."

"Tum jao...I am not hungry right now...mujhe bhook lage gi...to m aa jaun ga neeche..."
Something was not right....his voice was a bit heavy...had he been crying? Sana became worried....he was lying with his back towards him...she couldn't see his face...

She leaned in and put her hand through his hair....:"Sidhart tum thek ho?"she asked he suddenly turned towards her...his eyes red...and he shouted at the top of his voice
"Aek baar m baat samajh nahi ati kiya....bol diya na nahi ana...to kun peeche pari ho....just get the hell out of here..."
Her eyes widened ....she got extremely scared... unknowingly she took a few steps back.......she had never seen him like this...he was always so polite...esp with her...but today he was extremely aggressive...
Rita ji heard him screaming she came running in his room...
"Janti ho na ap ke aj ke din aekela rehta hn mein....phir kun bheeja isko...ab leke jao ise ...."he shouted annoyance evident in his voice...he pointed towards her...sana closed her eyes in fear...her eyes started pricking ..she blinked fast to keep the tears from falling...Rita ji held her arm...
"chal sana...let him be alone" she said in a low voice...

After they left....he just held his hair with both hands and tried to calm himself...by breathing in and out....he closed his eyes....
"Fu*k" he clenched his jaws...the next moment he threw the vase with full force on the wall....
..............
Sana came down with Rita ji she was still a bit shaken by his reaction...
Rita ji gave her a glass of water...which she took without looking at her....
After a while when she was somewhat better she asked her:"Use kiya hua ha...aesa to kabhi react nahi kiya...wo thek to ha naa"what was strange was she was still worried about him and not about the way he treated her.

"pta nahi..."

"kiya hua ha maa bolo naa...wo kun itna ghusa hua mujhe per...m ne kuch ghalat kiya kya?"

"wo tujhe se ghusa nhi ha...khud se ha...."
Aaj neru ki death anniversary ha....aaj ka pura din aor age ke kai din ...wo yun hi rahe ga..."

"I am sorry maa...per agr ap mind na karo to aek baat puchun?"
Rita ji nodded
"Niru ko kiya hua tha...I mean wo itni young thi...to uski death....she deliberately left the sentence unfinished