Chapter #8:"The breaking of an old bond

Sana woke up early in the morning as always...after taking a bath she offered her prayers she prayed for Harman's safety...she picked up the phone and dialed his number...it was ringing but he was not picking up...it was not unusual ...most of the times when he went on a mission...he wouldn't talk to her for days on a stretch...therefore she didn't panic...

After having her breakfast she went to Harman's house...it was her childhood habit to go there daily...mostly cz of her best friend Komal ...and also cz Harman's parents loved her a lot and treated her like a daughter...

They were all sitting in their living room...sana was busy talking with Komal...when two policemen entered their house...they asked Harman's dad to comeout as they needed to discuss something so he left with them..

Somehow sana knew something bad had happened so she went out after them...she was standing behind the living room door from where she could clearly hear them talking.

Policemen cleared his throat before talking his hesitation was clear from his face after talking a longer than usual pause he started: "Sir officer Haman was a abducted by the gang whom he was chasing...our officer Sidhart shukla went for his rescue...Officer singh fought very bravely along with Officer Shukla but He was shot in the chest by one of the guards...Sir he was alive when taken to the hospital but he had lost a lot of blood ..
SIR WE ARE VERY SORRY TO TELL YOU THAT IPS HARMAN SINGH COULDN'T SURVIVE THE OPERATION...HE IS NO MORE...HE LOST HIS LIFE FIGHTING FOR THE NATION AND THE DEPARTMENT IS PROUD OF HIM"

Sana couldn't believe what she heard...she stood there motionless...numb...everyone around her started crying Harman's sister mother everyone...but she just sat there in a corner with dry eyes...all of it seemed like a blur...all the scenes from their childhood till now revolved around her eyes like a movie...how they used to fly kites in summer...when she fought with him for joining IPS ...how politely he convinced her that it was his dream to serve the country and protect the lives of people....the day when he came all the way to Delhi for her birthday...and stood outside her dorm room window in the chilling cold of Delhi just waiting for 12.o.clock to surprise her......His proposal...when he bent on one knee....he told her there were best friends and were together since childhood and he wanted to spend the rest of his life wd her...that he will be there for her till his las breath...she didn't know his breaths were so less...they were supposed be together forever ....then how could he leave her like that.

The police men told Harman's father that he had to come wd them to the office for some formalities so sana's father and Harman's father were going...sana came to them

Sana:"Mujhe bhi jana ha apke sath"
Harman's father looked at sana ...he loved her like a daughter...she hadn't shed a single tear till now ...she was in shock...may be if she goes there she will get some closure he thought to himself.
He was the father of an IPS officer and was handling things very bravely.

"Han putar zarur chalo" he patted her head
And the three of them left it was evening when they reached NCB Headquarters Chandigarh...

Harman's father and sana's father got busy in legalities...sana asked for the postmortem report...she started reading it...it was taking her longer than usual to read as her mind was processing things at a slower speed....

Name:Harman Singh Age:28 years...
She kept reading ...at the end there was the cause of death
CAUSE OF DEATH:Excessive blood loss form a gunshot wound to the chest.

She remembered her dream...where her body was lying lifeless in a pool of her own  blood.

Suddenly she felt like she would puke...so she threw the report and ran outside...her one hand was covering her mouth her eyes searching for a dustbin or something...she saw a flower pot she bent and threw out as she couldn't control anymore...she sat on the cold floor  holding the pot as a support as her head was spinning...

After a while when she was feeling a bit better she stood up...but she forgot where she came from...all the offices looked alike so se randomly started opening doors...it was evening so most of the offices were locked...but the 4th door she tried to open ...was open.

............................

Sidhart came to know about Harman's death in the morning...he felt really bad as he was a really good friend...but in his field he had seen so any people die infront of his eyes...that he had by now become immune to death...but he decided to leave for Headquarters asap as he wanted to attend his last rights and also because there was no point in staying there anymore...so he took the next flight...As soon as he reached Chandigarh he directly went to his office...he had to work on some files...as he was finding the files ..his back towards the door...he heard the door opening...he turned to see who was it...but he just froze to see the person...there  standing right infront of him was shehnaaz Kaur Gill.