Chap#17Fight against the system...for the country

A week had passed since he came back and since then he was busy chasing and finding leads against Rustam....he knew Rustam will try to finish him off as he knows about him now ....but till now no attempt had been made from his side which was very unlike Rustam....it bothered him but there was no way to find out what he would do next...the only option was to wait and watch....as of Sana ...Sid had made sure she stays safe by providing security for her...

This morning was not different from the others....he was ready to go out in search of some leads...while he was picking up his keys and phone ....the flat's door bell rang ...now that was strange so he checked his pistol which was safely placed behind his jeans and then he opened the door...two men were standing there in plain clothes..

Sir we are from the police department....we are investigating the murder case of Rajeev Chaturvedi we would like you to come with us..."one of them said.

It was very strange Sid knew the basic police procedures...he knew if some people from police come at ur door and ask you to come with them...it means they are taking u for interrogation...and you are their prime suspect....but he had already told the police everything that happened....then what was this for?

"Can I see ur police id?"although he knew it wouldn't make any difference since a lot of people from police were working for rajev but he needed to know if he will be taken to the police station or somewhere else.

"yes of ofcourse sir' and they showed him their IDs ...so they were from police department....sid had no other option but to go with them...although he knew he was going directly into a trap.

It was a dark and small interrogation room...Sid was sitting on one side of the table...the investigating officer was sitting on the otherside.

Investigating officer:"Officer what were u doing on 26th April between 5pm and 6pm?"

" As I have already told the police ...I was in surat....and then he told him the whole story again"
" When u got the news of Miss Shehnaaz Gill's Abduction why didn't u let the police take care if it...it was neither your department nor ur area..."Again the same question as before.

"She was a friend and I had already lost a lot of time ...I knew if I waited it would've been impossible to save her...."he was maintaining his composure although deep down he had this unsettling feeling that he was being framed...he had expected everything from Rustam...what he hadn't expected was him taking the legal route to take his revenge...if it was what he was thinking it was then it was bad... really bad.

IO:"When u saved her why didn't you involve the police then"

He bit his lower lip....the next thing he was about to say...he was sure the person sitting infront of him wouldn't like...."because I knew Rustam has his men in police..."He said looking directly in his eyes...(the Investigating police officer shifted in his seat)

"I didn't want to take the risk of getting caught again"

Investigating officer:"Officer shukla can u plz tell m why did you kill Mr.Rajeev?"
Sidhart's patience was decreasing why was this officer asking him all these questions again...but he had to compose himself...the last thing he wanted on his plate was an fir for misbehaving with an officer of the law.

"As I have already said I killed him in self defense...he was working for Rustam...he had a gun...he was about to shoot me.."his jaw was clenched and the vein right above his temple popped up...he was clearly upset.

Io:"but the police found no gun there"he calmly infromed....

Sidhart was shocked for a sec....the next second he understood....so this was Rustam's plan ....he didn't want to kill him....he wanted to take his revenge....he wanted to declare him as a corrupt police officer...so that the department suspend him aor Sare desh m uski badnami ho....wo sare log jo uske shandar carrier graph ko dekh ker envy krte the wo sab usper thuken...he wanted to tarnish his reputation...
His jaw clenched....