#38 Blessing

Everyone felt like their world was turned upside down. It was shocking in way too many things!

Just him being this close to Jenny was a miracle to these people!

Obviously the most shocked one was the women standing in the corner! She knew this demon in girls' skin for far longer than all the people here. Her being shocked was right from every perspective. It wasn't like only Ethan was able to stand near the loli. She has seen her master do the same but still to see an unknown person doing this was shocking to her. Like all the people standing there, she had the same question ..

WHO WAS THAT GUY!

WHERE DID THIS MONSTER POP OUT FROM!

One wasn't enough now there were two of them. It was disturbing in many ways for the women.

*****

He's holding me!

I can feel his warm skin. How long has it been since I felt this kind of warmth?

And why isn't he hurt? Why is he so dead set on getting closer to me? Is he by some chance what people call a pedophile? Though I hope he isn't because that will ruin this heroic image of him in my mind from now on.

*sigh*

I wish that I could feel this warmth again and again but I guess I'm wishing too much.

There were alot of questions in the little loli's head but she couldn't ask right now as she was too busy feeling the kind and warm touch of this unknown man.

*****

"Do you still think I'm weak?"Ethan asked as he was grinning from ear to ear. He was feeling way too proud right now as he saw the expressions of everyone there.

Well who doesn't like being heroic and showing off in front of a lot of people! Ethan too was such a man. He enjoyed being in the spotlight but damn only he knew how afraid he was!

Even though he was showing such a lofty and proud smile to everyone, only he knew how tough it was to keep the loli in his arms!

He felt like he was constantly pricked by something and he was losing something. First he was very scared and even thought of letting go but as he saw the expectation filled face of loli, he had to man up.

A man gotta do what he gotta do! That was what his ancestors used to say. He understood it now quite well. He just couldn't let go of loli's hand.

That was what he thought was making him stay his ground but in actuality the assurance from the system allowed him to stay put. Even if he tried putting a strong front, the system knew the in and out of Ethan.

*****

Even the person who came to tell them to fight for the next round felt surprised but he knew it wasn't time to be surprised because just as this was happening, there were just 12 people remaining alive!

"Okay everyone, that's enough entertainment for me. As due to my negligence 12 people are alive now, though i'm not feeling responsible but still rules are rules and i'll have to face the penalty but oh well, it's the end of first round.", said the man in white as he was the one responsible for the first round.

A lot of people sighed in relief as they were too scared to even look at the 'two demons' standing in each other's arms as if there was no one else there.

But sure enough there were some people who were too proud to acknowledge the strength of Ethan. There were still some fools thinking that they could take on him. Some were even now thinking if the so-called demon the girl was not that strong.

Except for these fools there were some intelligent people too who took a complete note to stay away from these two people. The tatter clothes man and the women in the corner were the first ones to understand this point.

Other than these two people, there was also an intellectual sorta looking guy who had no blood on him as if he just came in this war zone. Some people couldn't even notice his presence. He also observed Ethan and smiled. No one knew what this man was thinking or smiling about.

The man in white glanced at Ethan and loli for a second and just clapped his hands. As he clapped the white room that was sealed before from every angle suddenly revealed a door. The white man stood on a side and signaled the people to go on.

Ethan also let go the loli as he wasn't feeling any good though he wasn't injured but that feeling itself was scary.

"Don't underestimate me next time you know, and i quite enjoyed that rooftop dinner of ours so let's do that some time again, what do you say?", Ethan walked towards the door while talking as if he was stating something very simple.

On the other hand the loli was feeling so blessed that she even felt that bearing all those experiments was worth it.

"Un", the loli nodded lightly and started following Ethan.

For the first time she thought that being alive isn't that bad.

*****