#24 Thief and the slave

At construction site, there was silence and no one was there. Some stray animals were looking for food. Dogs were fighting among themselves for a bitch. Rats were running around. It was quite a party here.

Suddenly a blue colour portal appeared out of nowhere. Dogs were so scared that they ran away without any care of bitch.. aka female dog.

"Alright so I benefited alot from this trip Hehe now I'm confident of myself.", Ethan walked out of the portal. Ethan was quite happy with himself. He leveled up nicely. He was now quite powerful. He was confident in fighting everyone now. A bit too much but that was the feeling he was getting right now.

Like a supernova!

But he knew he was being delusional. He wasn't that powerful. He wasn't even confident in facing that subordinate of LORD BENJAMIN.

I still have long way to go ..

Meh ..it can't be helped. Let's see ..

Stats!

Name: Ethan
Level: 40
Mission points: 85
Stat points: 33
Strength: 70
Agility: 35
Vitality: 10
Intelligence: 12

"Now it's worth looking stats. Oh yeah I got rewards from system too. Meh, I'll check it later. Phew it was a long journey but I, the most talented and powerful man, Ethan, did well.", Ethan started boosting himself. Indeed it was a tough ordeal.

Ethan's figure blurred and he was already out of the construction area. He was fast!

Hoo ..haha

Ethan also was quite happy. He did notice his speed in dungeon but now in this modern city, having this kinda speed, Ethan was very satisfied. Once again Ethan blurred He was gone.

****

"Okay that dude looks rich. I should get my hands on him hehe."

In a market place, a rich fancy dude was walking. He was wearing branded suit. A branded watch and branded glasses. But that's not the guy we have to pay attention to. Yep, that rich dude has been followed by a boy around 18 years old.

This boy had brown hair. Slim build. But he had nice face features. His height was good too. He was wearing simlple jeans and a t-shirt. Nothing of him was odd at first glance. But this seemingly harmless boy was a thief.

Thief might not be a good explanation because his skills were otherworldly. Right now he was thinking of robing this rich dude going in front of him. He was a pro at this. He hated guys like these who show-off without any reason and ..who doesn't like money?

As both entered the crowded area, the boy took the chance and got closer to the rich dude. The dude didn't suspect anything.

'okay time to start the harvesting'

Suddenly boy's hand moved lighting fast. After a few seconds, he was gone. Nobody noticed anything.

"Ahhhhh .. where's my wallet? My watch? Noooo.."

Screams could be heard till a distance.

"Haha that loser noticed just now", the boy was already in a street. There was no one in the street. As he walked a few steps, he suddenly felt chill. He knew someone has locked at him.

He started walking fast but it was useless because whoever was eyeing him, was powerful!

"Yo, do you need something from me?", The boy shouted loudly. He didn't stop but was still walking towards crowded area.

" You steal from my young master and you're asking me what I need?, A female voice came. There was playfulness in the voice. It was as if a kid found a new toy.

"What are you talking about? I know nothing. I'm calling Police right now.", The boy tried his best to put a brave front but his back was already cold with sweat.

"Go on. Let's see you're quick or me hehe", as soon as voice died down, the boy felt something went past his left cheek.

He touched his left cheek and there was a clear cut. Sure enough, the girl was faster than him.

"Okay fine. Okay you don't have to kill me. I'm just small thief. Here have his things. I didn't take anything. You can check. But just let me go." , The boy took out the wallet and watch and put them on ground cautiously.

"Hehe, I would have taken that from your dead body too. Why should I let you go?", The playfulness in girl's voice was like death reapers call to the boy.

Boy cursed his own luck. He didn't know what big crime he did to be in this situation. Sure he stole stuff but only from rich guys. He did crimes but not anything big.

He was regretting now stealing from this guy.

"Is that so? Why don't you go ahead and kill him then?"

Suddenly a voice broke the silence between these too. A man was walking towards him slowly while lightning a cigarette.

The boy was feeling like the lady luck was smiling on him. But still he didn't put his guard down.

Of course the man was Ethan.

After coming from dungeon, he thought of taking a hot bath so he came to this market. This market was huge and had almost everything. After taking bath, Ethan was strolling around. As he was passing by the street, he felt a strong aura from this street.

The aura wasn't stronger than a level 35 monster but he still was curious as of who was this strong and what was he doing here.

As he walked a bit in street, he saw the boy and heard the whole conversation between the two parties. He looked at the boy from shadows and saw his level ...

"Level 19 thief"

There was nothing special about him. However Ethan's interest was piqued from the system's notification.

Beep...

"Target is carrying a valuable item. Can not analyze details from afar."

Due to this sudden notification, Ethan knew that he had to meddle in. Ethan also saw the peculiar girl. She was on roof.

She was wearing tight fit jeans and a tight fit red shirt. And the two [bunnies] were trying their best to escape from the shirt.

Ethan stared for a bit and then he praised the shirt to be resilient. He looked at her again and saw her level. He already guessed her level but he wanted to know her identity.

"Level 34 slave of Bailey family"

Oh ..slave? In this age? Wow!

Ethan was surprised but then he saw the knife went past the boy. He knew he had to step in now. So he stepped in.

"Hehe a new toy ..you should wait till I'm done with this one.", the girl couldn't feel any aura from Ethan due to system concealing it. So she thought of him as some dude trying to be hero and belittled him.

Ethan didn't like being called toy.

"Hahaha you have two choices. First that you apologize to me and leave...." , while taking a puff, Ethan stated slowly.

As he exhaled , "second that I get an apology from you myself and send you on your way."

He said all this calmly. But the girl was mad. She had ego! She couldn't just bear those words from an unknown person who didn't have a spec of energy.

"You DARE!", she shouted and a knife was already an inch away from Ethan's face

He exhaled again and  .... caught the knife between his two fingers.

"Yea."

****