#28 A New day

The mercenary was looking at Ethan with squinted eyes. He could tell that the person in front of him was way stronger than him. He wanted to run away. He wasn't brave enough to risk his life for a little job like this. He took this job because it was simple and easy enough. But who knew .....

This monster .... Would appear.

Morgan was confused at first but when he heard Ethan, he somehow guessed that the mercenary was related to rainstorm antic. He also became vigilant.

Ethan, on the other hand, wasn't afraid because he was strong but he was just thinking of all consequences of offending this company or family whatever it was.

It can't be helped i guess ...

"So Mr. Mercenary, why don't you just leave. I don't see any benefits in this for you. Surely you will get paid but is it worth enough to loose your life?", As soon as Ethan said the later half of his sentence, a killing intent much stronger than the mercenary oozed out from Ethan.

This was his killing intent from killing all the monsters.

The mercenary could also feel it. How could he not. He was a veteran. But he knew that Ethan was right. It wasn't enough for him to loose his life for.

"What do you know about this pen?", as he was still thinking about his decision, Ethan suddenly shot him a question.

"Not much. But i just know that they always have high regard for this pen. They don't let other than any of their trusted and close people near the area where pen was kept. I don't know how this kid stole it.", The mercenary answered truthfully about what he knew. This was also, in a way, a sign as to show that he was backing out.

Interesting.

A sudden smile formed on Ethan's face.

Then how did he stole it? Ethan looked towards Morgan and evaluated him again. Morgan was confused as if for what Ethan was staring at him but he didn't say anything. Ethan turned back towards the mercenary.

"Okay cool man. It's all good now. You're free to go.", Ethan said while smiling.

The mercenary too, didn't say anything and just left.

"Phew, I sure was dead if not for you bro.", Morgan was grateful to Ethan.

"Yeah no problem bro. I was just helping because I'm keeping this pen from now on.", Ethan said that much and then patted Morgan on shoulder and left.

"Should have asked his contact information ...oh well cool enough that he left me alive haha.", Morgan too, went on his own way as he was done with tonight. Alot went down for him tonight but in the end he was okay.

****

After arriving home, Ethan was dead tired. He went though alot too. It wasn't just that dude.

First he did his job as guard. Although it wasn't much. Then he went to the dungeon and almost died due to tiredness. That wasn't the end. He still had a fight and with those bailey family members and then that dealer.

Although his stamina and vitality increased alot due to leveling up, he still was mentally tired.

As soon as Ethan fell fell on bed, he started snoring like a bull. He was dead asleep.

****

"Did you find any information about him?", It was the young master of bailey family. He already asked his people to get information about Ethan because Ethan was .. strong.

"Young master nobody's know anything about this guy. But quite a few incidents happened these past these days and those might be related to this guy."

"I see. I want information about him. Don't offend him even if he doesn't belong to any family. But without any backing, he wouldn't be this strong for sure."

"Young master I have also sent people to get information from underground. We might get some clues. If you're not satisfied, maybe I should hire some people to keep tab --"

"Don't even think about it. We want a good relationship with him. Just get information from other places. That's enough."

"Yes young master.", As soon as the guard said, he blurred and vanished without leaving any traces of his movement.

So who are you? Haha interesting ...

Ethan didn't know that he was being thought of some high ranking family member.

***

Morning 7:48 am

Beep ...

"Daily mission has been given. Get your body in shape. Run 22 km in 8 minutes."

Beep ...

"From today onwards, lottery would be given once each month as host is powerful enough to keep himself safe now."

Ethan woke up from the notifications of system. As soon as he saw the second notification, he's mouth was sour that he wanted to kill someone really bad.

Why system?

You wanna die?

You think you're hot shot now that I'm still depending on you?

He he that day isn't far when I'll murder you!!

Ethan kept retorting to himself but system was quite as ever.

"The 22 km run isn't tough but ..in 8 minutes? Yeah okay.", Ethan went to bath and refreshed himself. Had a toast as breakfast.

"Shit! I'm getting late. Should I go directly to her house or at construction site? Meh, let's go to her house.", Ethan's body blurred and he was already outside the house.

"System initiate the mission and give me directions to her house. I'll run all the way."

Beep ...

"Mission has been started. Directions has been given."

Ethan's body blurred and he was nowhere to find.

It was a new day for Ethan to be a guard and a new day to get information for his own mission too.

****