#11 threat

Beep..

"Daily mission: 200 pushups, 200 pullups, 7 km run,"

As Ethan woke up, he saw this notification in front of him. He went to bath to wash up. Then he checked the notification.

A daily mission, hmm, easy.

After having a little breakfast, he dressed himself nicely. Today he was going to resign from his work. He knew, that little exercise isn't fun anymore. And the thing they are looking for, is not even there.

Oh should I just give that chest to them and say that I've found it! As Ethan thought that much ...

Beeep...

"Chest can't be given to anyone else due to blood contract." System voiced on his own.

Hmm, so that's a no I suppose. Well forget it.
Then He was checking his level and all, when he looked at lottery section.

"I didn't check it yesterday." Ethan clicked on it then a round table came in his vision.

There were numbers written on the round table, and there were written different things under the numbers from the store on tha table.

So that's how it is!

"Now i have a daily chance to buy a thing for free!" Ethan felt delighted and rolled the ball. But then suddenly he saw some keys too in the prizes. There were no keys store.

"System, what are these keys for?" Ethan was imagining the keys to open some mystical place, full of treasure.

Beep..

"Keys are for dungeons. Host can level up by going in and fighting the monsters." System gave explanation in it's routine voice.

Oh, dungeon?

Dungeons are places, that are filled with dangers and opportunities. Ethan knew this much.

So now i can have a platform to improve myself.

As he was thinking this, the ball stopped on the round table. And the thing he got was,

Acupuncture Manual: 210 points.

Beep..

"Congratulations to host for winning acupuncture manual from lottery. Does host want to learn it?"

"Yes!", Then a warm feeling came and Ethan's mind was full of new knowledge.

Yes, it's good. Now I should go.

....

When Ethan arrived at construction site, today again, all were working nicely. They weren't showing any lazy movements.

Is the young miss here again? As Ethan went towards the manager's room, he could see that the manager was standing outside, like guarding the room. Ethan wasn't surprised as he knew about the condition of young miss.

"Oh, you, young boy from back then.", As soon as manager saw him, he was able to recognize him.

"Yes, it's an honor that you remember me, haha.", Ethan said courtesly as he now knew about their identities.

"Haha, a promising youngster." Manager was delighted to see good attitude from him. "So how are you here? Did you have something to say?" Manager asked mildly.

"Oh, yes actually i just wanted to quit, that's all". As soon as Ethan said that much, manager's expression become a bit serious.

"So, why do you wanna leave? Is it pay?" Manager inquired softly.

"No, it's not that. I joined to train my body but now I'm already good enough so I was thinking that I should change it and do something else", Ethan replied politely.

"Maybe, I'll have to ask the young miss. Please wait here." Manager went in and came out after some time. "Young miss is okay by you leaving but.. we needed people nowadays so, if you can, please stay.", Manager's tone was more gentle this time.

Ethan knew that this lackey was caring about his young miss. But he had his own reasons too.

"Sorry, but I'll have to excuse myself." As Ethan turned around and walked a few steps, he suddenly halted his steps.

"Did you invite someone else to protect your young miss?" Ethan asked the question so suddenly that manager was tongue tied. His expression fell suddenly.

"Who are you?" Manager's tone was no longer gentle. Some kind of invisible pressure was emitting from him.

Ethan backed a step and said hurriedly, "You are thinking wrong, there is a man on roof of the room. That's why I asked."

"What?" Manager was suddenly alarmed. He went in and saw that the young miss was sitting calmly. Nothing was wrong.

Ethan also went in. This was the second time he saw the young miss. But she was dazzling as ever. A beauty he wanted to have. But he removed all those thoughts, because he knew she was out of his league completely.

"Who are you? Emma asked softly. Her words were niether hurried nor too slow.

"I'm Ethan.", Ethan's heart was beating extremely fast. But it didn't matter right now because he could feel the presence on roof moving. The killing intent coming from that person was no joke. He sure was a regular killer but his level wasn't high.

"Level 25
(Member of night rover)"

"So Ethan why are you here?", Emma asked.

She looked towards manager as if inquiring him. Then he told her whole situation of feeling presence and all. She was first surprised then she looked at Ethan interestingly.

"Can you feel the presence?", Emma asked the manager.

"No, actually i can't. That's why I came to young miss instead of going on roof. If I'm with you, guarding you, then there's no issue!" Manager replied sternly while looking at Ethan.

He couldn't feel the presence? Ethan was a bit surprised. But then he suddenly turned, and stared at window.