IX

Tensions were high in the feast room.

Tristan wouldn't look at me or his mother. Just her. His sweet little Lysa who was sitting next to Uther.
My, I didn't think this betrothal would be so hard when I crossed the sea.

"How are you liking Aliria, your grace?" Jorah asks me from across the table

"It's a beautiful kingdom." I say. "I haven't been out of Gods eye much except to Red Calf with Tristan."

"Oh you two went there early." Jorah comments, "I hear it's a good getaway."

"It was." I confirm

"If you ever want to look around the lands, I offer myself to take you." Jorah continues and I see Remley raise his eyebrow at the suggestion and look at his son who now had moved his eyes off Lysa and to Jorah.

"I don't want to be a bother." I start to deny but he interrupts me

"No bother." He insists smiling at me, "I'm always at your service, your grace."

That sounded like solicitation which made me peak to look at Tristan who sits up fully. Maybe someone like Jorah will whip Tristan into shape to know I have many options and I could go on little rendezvous with people like he has been doing with Lysa.

"Thank you, Lord Jorah." I say with a smile, neither confirming or denying whether I will take him on his offer.

He grins in response but his smile falls at the unamused Tristan next to me who is throwing daggers with his eyes. Though Tristan doesn't want to be with me, it is very disrespectful to have a lord beneath him try talk to his intended in that way.

"The wedding is in less than a fortnight, right?" Uther asks looking at me and I nod my head

"Her Majesty is planning it and my uncle is planning on attending in my fathers stead." I announce and Tristan goes hard next to me.

"The same uncle that killed our precious Reema?" Lady Lysa asks and I see Celia rolling her eyes discreetly. Of course Lysa would have to make it known what happened.

"Yes." I say politely, "The same way, the person who killed my mother will be attending the wedding. If we didn't invite everyone who caused either Tristan and I grievance during this war then we would have a very empty throne room, don't you think?"

Lysa licked her lips, "Of course, your grace."

You would think she would learn that I'm not one to go head to head with by now.

"Your brother will not be attending, my grace?" Lady Nola asks

"No, Killan has a particular distain for weddings." I inform her and she furrows her eyebrows confused, "His intended was killed the day before their wedding. That and our mothers death resulted in him not being the same." The room was silent after I said that which made me feel awkward so I clear my throat, "Best not to talk about such things at the table." I conclude with a smile.

"Yes, your grace." Lady Celia nodded, "We missed you whilst you were gone."

"What did you do whilst I was gone?" I ask taking a sip of my drink

"Helping the Queen with planning your wedding, everything is almost done now." Lady Nola says happily, "I hope you love it."

"I'm sure I will." I smile in return

"We will need to go dress shopping for the wedding day and afterwards." Marcella announces and I nod in agreement.

"Princess," Uther calls and I turn to look at him, "I'm sure you would want Lady Lysa here with you to prepare for the wedding but I want to take her with me when I go to Umber so she can see the lands, is this okay with you?"

I wanted to say the sooner the better but counselled myself against doing so, "As I said previously, my other ladies can help with the wedding. Take your intended whenever you see fit, just make sure she's here for the wedding."

Lysa looked absolutely seething at me and I continued smiling innocently. She then turned her gaze to Tristan like he could do anything about it.

"Of course, your grace." Uther agreed, he looks at Lysa, "Jorah and I had planned to leave at sunset the day after tomorrow, would that work for you?"

"It is going to take longer than a day to get ready, my Lord." Lysa argues

"We can all help you pack." Celia interjects with a warm smile, "And you can take the rest of your things after the wedding."

"I wouldn't want to burden-"

"No burden," Celia insists, "Right, Ladies?"

The rest of the girls nod their head and I can't help the smile form on my face. Celia and I are going to become very good friends.

"Then it's settled." Marcella announces, "We will see you off in two days."

"Thank you, your majesty." Lysa utters but it's strained, she obviously not know how to hide her feelings.

"Tristan why don't you take the Princess to her room," Remley says, "You two had no rest after your journey."

Tristan gets up reluctantly and holds his hand out for me to take. I accept and he helps me up out of my chair.

"Your majesties," I bow to the King and Queen before looking at the Lords, "It has been a pleasure to meet you,"

"The pleasure is ours, your grace." Jorah says quickly earning a look from his brother. "I hope you consider my offer before I leave."

I smile once more not saying anything as I let Tristan take me out of the room. Once the doors closed behind us Tristan let's go of my hand and walks with haste to my room.

"I understand you're angry but I can not possibly keep up with you like this." I call out and he huffs in response.

"You have no idea how angry I am." Was his response which made me sigh

"I don't see what the problem is, Tristan." I say following behind him, "You are to be married and now she is to be married, did you think she was going to continue being your whore into our marriage?"

He stopped in his tracks and made his way towards me making me stop. "She's not a whore." He corrects coming close to me, "I can't say the same for you the way you were practically hanging off every word Jorah was saying."

I stop myself from rolling my eyes and smiling at him, "Did that bother you, Tristan?"

"Everything you do bothers me." He whispers to me, his eyes searching mine. "Are you happy now that you're making me miserable?"

I lick my dry lips, "That's not my intention," I say, "You told me you're never leaving her and this way you don't have to, she's leaving you."

He chuckled darkly, "You think this will break us? You've just united us even more. We're both in engagements neither of us want."

With that he turns sharply, leaving me in the middle of the empty hallway.